Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to the forum and i have read a lot about other people experiencing similar problems.
i tried to find resolution in other threads and I am not sure i found what i was looking for.

I have 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
193,000 miles and still driving the heck out of it.
it has been a great car always serviced at dealership. the only exceptions are the following: new air compressor, air struts, sway bar links, and the front wheel bearings, this car has been great until about a year ago.

I always use 93 octane and try to get gas at "reputable" gas stations.

but one day the poor car started running like shit and i took it to the dealership and they told me i had "bad gas"

more than $500 later they had pulled the tank, cleaned the tank, purged the lines an performed an injection system clean-out.

I was pissed about the cost and inconvenience, because the gas station told me to suck rocks and would not do anything about it.

ever since that fateful day, my car has been problematic. Related or not i do not know but the stabilitrack light comes off and on whenever it wants. Every now and then the check engine light will come on with the stabilitrack light and then they will both go out again..... any time i chack the codes with my pocket scanner it says code p0011 twice.

but to top it all off. ever since the "bad gas" escapade, there is this unusual ticking sound coming from the engine that happens whenever it wants. at first i thought it was pinging, like spark knock and when i added octane booster the sound immediately went away. and every time after that whenever i heard the noise i would put the lucas injection cleaner in the tank and i seemed to thing that was fixing it.

1,000 miles into a 2,000 mile road trip last week the sound came back and would not go away. i tried the lucas injection cleaner and it did nothing. the last 800 miles it made the sound until i got home. this morning i started the car up and the sound was gone.

it is really starting to frustrate me as i cannot figure out what is going on here. i am beginning to think the EXT is cursed. 193,000 miles i should not be too upset that i am running into problems, but i was hoping someone may have some advice.

last time the truck was making the noise i took it to my local dealership and they scanned the computer and said there was nothing "unusual"

I said, "do you hear that loud ticking/knocking noise"
the technician said, "yup".
I said "its not supposed to make that sound".
to which he replied, "the scanner said there was nothing wrong".
so i looked at him like he was a moron and drove away.

so i am not sure how else to handle it because i am never near the dealership when the stabilitrak light comes on, and it is always out before i can show it to anyone.

thanks,

Aaron

·
Registered
2007 EXT
270 Posts
Brother is that you? :joy: I have 195k miles on my ext too:) I have same ticking noise. It's from lifters and probably has to do with oil. If it does it on a cold start, it's your lifter and it doesn't effect my truck as far as I know

·
Registered
DHS, 2007 ESV
241 Posts
P0011 could be caused by timing chain stretch with high mileage. Here's why: As the chain stretches, it effectively retards the cam (cam position lags crank position by a progressively increasing amount as the chain stretches). Since the cam sensor knows cam position relative to crank position, it can compensate by advancing the cam position relative to crank via the VVT phaser. P0011 is "timing over-advanced" or "VVT system performance", which could mean that it is advancing the cam beyond the normal range. And the timing chain can make all sorts of weird noises (like ticking) when it is looser than its tensioner can compensate for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is probably the oil pickup tube o-ring. I had the service traction control and stabilitrak lights come on. Sometimes followed by CEL with P0011. Did the cam position sensor and magnet and solenoid/control valve. The 2007 Escalade has no oil pressure gauge or info button. Hooked up my dad's Snap On Verdict D-7 to read real time oil pressure. Hot idle pressure was around 10 psi. Found a nice dirt hill to back up on to make the car at a 45 degree angle. Jumped the psi to 15. Gave me a clue some of oil pump/pickup tube junction was submerged in oil so sucked less air. After o-ring replacement hot idle psi is at 25. No more CEL or Traction control/ Stabilitrak nonsense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am brand new to the forum and i have read a lot about other people experiencing similar problems.
i tried to find resolution in other threads and I am not sure i found what i was looking for.

I have 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
193,000 miles and still driving the heck out of it.
it has been a great car always serviced at dealership. the only exceptions are the following: new air compressor, air struts, sway bar links, and the front wheel bearings, this car has been great until about a year ago.

I always use 93 octane and try to get gas at "reputable" gas stations.

but one day the poor car started running like shit and i took it to the dealership and they told me i had "bad gas"

more than $500 later they had pulled the tank, cleaned the tank, purged the lines an performed an injection system clean-out.

I was pissed about the cost and inconvenience, because the gas station told me to suck rocks and would not do anything about it.

ever since that fateful day, my car has been problematic. Related or not i do not know but the stabilitrack light comes off and on whenever it wants. Every now and then the check engine light will come on with the stabilitrack light and then they will both go out again..... any time i chack the codes with my pocket scanner it says code p0011 twice.

but to top it all off. ever since the "bad gas" escapade, there is this unusual ticking sound coming from the engine that happens whenever it wants. at first i thought it was pinging, like spark knock and when i added octane booster the sound immediately went away. and every time after that whenever i heard the noise i would put the lucas injection cleaner in the tank and i seemed to thing that was fixing it.

1,000 miles into a 2,000 mile road trip last week the sound came back and would not go away. i tried the lucas injection cleaner and it did nothing. the last 800 miles it made the sound until i got home. this morning i started the car up and the sound was gone.

it is really starting to frustrate me as i cannot figure out what is going on here. i am beginning to think the EXT is cursed. 193,000 miles i should not be too upset that i am running into problems, but i was hoping someone may have some advice.

last time the truck was making the noise i took it to my local dealership and they scanned the computer and said there was nothing "unusual"

I said, "do you hear that loud ticking/knocking noise"
the technician said, "yup".
I said "its not supposed to make that sound".
to which he replied, "the scanner said there was nothing wrong".
so i looked at him like he was a moron and drove away.

so i am not sure how else to handle it because i am never near the dealership when the stabilitrak light comes on, and it is always out before i can show it to anyone.

thanks,

Aaron

By any chance that was the sound my start to do the same thing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brother is that you? 😂 I have 195k miles on my ext too:) I have same ticking noise. It's from lifters and probably has to do with oil. If it does it on a cold start, it's your lifter and it doesn't effect my truck as far as I know
I have the same problem..I have the 07 ext cold start ticking that goes away in about 5 minutes

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
143 Posts
On our 08 Denali AWD, it had a knock at start up that occurred only in temps below approx 65* F. It was piston slap that would go away after the motor warmed up. The truck had it since day one when purchased in ‘14 @ 96k til sold a few Mo ago at 140k.

The motor ran and preformed beautifully and made that XL feel faster than the later model, higher hp 6.2L motors.

It did have a bad plug wire that caused the motor to knock and lit the service stabilitrack light to come on. New HT wires fixed that issue. Lastly we had a knock at cold startup attributed to a bad exh mani gasket. Once replaced it was buss as usual. BTW the truck was only run on CA 91 octane fuel.

GL in finding the cure on what’s piss’g the motor off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts