Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Greetings from Lithuania. I have just registered the first Cadillac Escalade ESV 2021 in our country.

As we don't have a dealer in our country and I bought it from a German importer without meeting them in person, I have no one responsible to ask questions, so here goes :)

It's a full 4WD version with a two-speed transfer case, and there is a round metal button right below the electric parking brake. It glows orange when pressed down, but does not result in any messages, prompts or notifications on any of the screens.

Funny thing is - it is not in the manual! The car is brand new and no dealer modifications were done on it, so I am sure it's factory installed. But as per its function - no clue.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Vehicle Car Steering part Automotive design Personal luxury car

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Escalade
161 Posts
Hello everyone,

Greetings from Lithuania. I have just registered the first Cadillac Escalade ESV 2021 in our country.

As we don't have a dealer in our country and I bought it from a German importer without meeting them in person, I have no one responsible to ask questions, so here goes :)

It's a full 4WD version with a two-speed transfer case, and there is a round metal button right below the electric parking brake. It glows orange when pressed down, but does not result in any messages, prompts or notifications on any of the screens.

Funny thing is - it is not in the manual! The car is brand new and no dealer modifications were done on it, so I am sure it's factory installed. But as per its function - no clue.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 619214
Yeh, that doesn’t look OEM. May wanna check wiring behind button and where it runs to. Honestly it looks like one of those aftermarket dealer-installed theft deterrent devices.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2,078 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if that turns on a portion of the driver left rear taillight.

Doesn't most every cool car over there have that reverse fog light switch for high speed autobahning in questionable weather/light to warn overtaking cars of your postion?

Reactions: Liudve

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,606 Posts
good point we had them in England and Germany:)

Reactions: Liudve

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
could be a rear fog lamp if its US built and imported to meet european specs.
Most European-specification cars have a rear fog light (Nebelschlussleuchte). In fact, vehicles registered in Germany are required to have at least one rear fog light. It is generally found on the driver’s side rear of the car, although some cars may have it in the middle (it’s usually the bright red one).

This light is particularly blinding when used improperly inside city limits. Section 17, subsection (3) of the StVO continues: “Rear fog lights may only be used when, because of fog, visibility is less than 50 meters.”

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,606 Posts
In England it was on the other side, one also triggered it by turning on the turn signal and shutting off the car - VERY useful when parked on the shoulder of the road. one occasionally sees knuckleheads' here with the darn thing burning bright in your face

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
120 Posts
Glad this is solved! My 2007 (in the UK) also had to have an aftermarket fog light installed. Is yours just one side, or both? We're allowed both side over here, but most tend to be just one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if that turns on a portion of the driver left rear taillight.

Doesn't most every cool car over there have that reverse fog light switch for high speed autobahning in questionable weather/light to warn overtaking cars of your postion?
Yes, but the switch is integrated into the turn signal lever.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2,078 Posts
Yes, but the switch is integrated into the turn signal lever.
Not sure to what you are referring? Audi has a separate button or a separate switch position for the main headlights that turns on the rear fog light.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
120 Posts
Yeah, just depends on the vehicle, and whether it was original an EU market vehicle or not.

My Escalade has a hole drilled by the driver's knee for an aftermarket rear fog switch. My EU market Jeeps both have proper factory switches on the dash.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts