Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 XTS Premium, 16 Lincoln MKC Reserve AWD, 14 VW CC Executive
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made a decision this week that I will never buy another GM product for as long as I live. It is not because of the car, it performs just as well as other GM vehicles I have owned in the past. It is because GM has decided that it would rather build cars that pollute more and are less fuel efficient then other auto manufactures in the USA and Europe. GM has decided that by agreeing with the current occupant of 1600 Penn Ave Wash DC to lower emission and fuel standards so they won't be the recipients of an angry tweet. Thankfully, Ford and VAG (I currently own one of each too) would rather be good corporate citizens of the world and build cars and trucks with higher emission and fuel standards. Thats fine, that is their choice, GM is a private company they can do as they please and I as a consumer who votes with their wallet, as in every dollar I spend is a vote therefore no more GM for me.

Yes, I did contact GM direct about this, no reply as of yet but I doubt I will hear anything because they don't care, if they did care they would not have made the corporate decision they did. I also asked GM to buy my car back now, I honestly do not want to own the car anymore, however, selling it now would not make good fiscal sense for me so I am stuck with a car for a few more years that I really do not want to drive or own.

As far as I am concerned GM is no longer good for me or America and the planet.

Sayonara GM, may you go bankrupt soon.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum
253 Posts
I'm sure you could get a fine Ford Fiesta with a DCT for less than you could get for the XTS.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,274 Posts
You bought a 300 horsepower, 4000 pound full sized sedan and you’re worried about fuel economy and emissions? Something doesn’t add up here.
Besides that, I’d argue GM has done a great job with the Volt and Bolt vehicles in comparison to Ford and Chrysler.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,166 Posts
Let's move this political statement to Current Issues.

As far as the original post and its warped reasoning, here's my personal - CF member - take on the subject ...........Caterpillar turbodiesel draggin' wagon concept.

Go buy a Prius.........

Diesel dragster.jpg.jpg

·
Registered
2004 SRX V8 AWD
203 Posts
Have a 2016 Buick Lacrosse and on recent trip got 31.2 MPG and that was doing 10 mph over speed limit. If you are so dissatisfied with your cars performance, why did you purchase it in the first place????? Purchasing a car is not like shopping at WAL-Mart. You can't return it for just any reason!!

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,537 Posts
The OP's argument is very short-sighted. In the not-too-distant future, Cadillac plans to lead GM in EV production. The rest of GM will follow suit. Not necessarily because EVs don't pollute so much, but because they're cheaper to build, with less labor and parts to do so. Higher profit margins will drive vehicle evolution and production faster than legislation.

If the OP were less self-righteous and hypocritical and more serious about backing up written words with action, an immediate switch to an EV is in order. "Do as I say and not as I do" certainly applies here. "Everybody wants to get to heaven, but nobody wants to die" also comes to mind. Without corrective action, the original post is little more than a bandwidth-wasting rant. xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx.

Now THAT'S defining a problem and taking instant action for a positive outcome!

CCC

(Post edited to remove direct insult language. Sub)

·
Registered
'18 XTS Luxury
311 Posts
Currently use on all 3 of my cars, 2 FWD cars and 1 AWD SUV
You've got to be kidding me.

GM has to compete globally, if not they will go bankrupt...again. Oh I almost forgot, they did go bankrupt. But not a real bankruptcy, If you remember, the then occupant of the Whitehouse bailed them out with your and our money, allowed them to screw their retirees, contractors, creditors, current owners, everyone except the Unions, then proceeded to give Chrysler to Fiat. That's being a good globalist I suppose.

Yes, we are "Killing the Planet" all 7.7 Billion of us, living in 250 Countries! Can we change that by boycotting GM, or buying a Volvo? No, not one iota!

Just shortsighted, with maybe a touch of TDS.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Premium White Diamond Tricoat / Shale
77 Posts
Why do lefties feel that everything needs to turn political and that we all need to know their political affiliation. I cannot even begin to imagine that a conservative would ever post that they will never again buy an Iran Khodro because that past occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. supported Iran.

·
Registered
'18 XTS Luxury
311 Posts
You know, statements like the OP's just simply baffle me. Why not go full "Thanos" and advocate for a 90% die off of the worlds human population. That would be the only way to "Save the Planet" at this point! IMO

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
18,909 Posts
the OP should get a bike

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville Base - Gold
317 Posts
GM has decided that by agreeing with the current occupant of 1600 Penn Ave Wash DC to lower emission and fuel standards so they won't be the recipients of an angry tweet. Thankfully, Ford and VAG (I currently own one of each too) would rather be good corporate citizens of the world and build cars and trucks with higher emission and fuel standards.
If you really think that...God Almighty, you have my pity. Man, do I wish I was that blissfully ignorant.

Save your self-righteous virtue-signalling, ye woke ambassador for justice and equality. Or sell your land yacht and get a Mirai. Until then, you're nothing but a hypocrite. Not an insult, simply the truth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts