Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
Hi Barry,

Welcome to the forum. Thats a nice looking Caddy. My dad recently sold one very similar to yours and it rode like a dream. Hope to see you around here very often.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Nice. What a great car to have as a daily!!!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Very nice, Barry.. I've always loved that particular style. In fact, it's one of the only mid 80's type Caddy's I ever wanted. I was never really happy about them getting so small. The Sedan DeVille was another story...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yes, if they used that exact style, but longer and wider, they would have themselves a really good car. Not saying that your isnt good, but that one would be better.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
That was during a time where gas prices were getting so high, many people were appreciating the smaller engine - but the mistake they made was a smaller body as well. Then again, if they hadn't - how weak would the cars have been?

We're coming to another time just like this.. Gas prices are unreal...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yes, I agree. I love my Q, but it gets about 11mpg, mostly city driving. It is not unreal for them to get 14, but im starting to suspect something is not what it should be, like o2 sensors or something.

·
Registered
2001 DHS, 1996 DeVille, 1993 Deville, 1989 Seville
46 Posts
Looks identical to my 93, except I added the "cc" grille, 16 in vogue chrome wheels, and vogue wide whitewall/yellow stripe tires. How are your front struts holding out? Does the 92 have SSS (speed sensitive suspension, speed sensitive steering)?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I dont think the devilles got the CVRSS or SSS until 94. The eldos and sevilles got it (i think) when the northstar came out, since it is part of the northstar system.

·
Registered
2001 DHS, 1996 DeVille, 1993 Deville, 1989 Seville
46 Posts
My 93 Deville (4.9) has the SSS, and of course my front struts are in need of replacement, the SSS dummy light is on, and the front of the car bounces. The dealer quoted me $1000. each, or I can get the passive struts for about $500. for the set. So they must have started offering them in 93. The car used to ride sooo nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts