Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Premium Member
2016 CTS Premium AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my fault, but still sucks. It went to Copart in Denver and if you happened to pick it up, I have the key for the wheels. I didn鈥檛 realize until it was too late that when we went to clean it out, my daughter grabbed the key.
On the bright side, I ended up in a 2016 CTS Premium 馃槂

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Registered
Aw man, you hate to be in that situation but I hope you are ok! I wrecked my coupe after one month of owning it, I replaced the entire rear suspension on my own. If it wasn鈥檛 a manual 3.6 coupe I wouldn鈥檛 have done it, the sport wagons are so cool too.

I was just watching your Navtool install video, hope this isn鈥檛 the car with it installed, and if it is I hope you took it out!

Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Mebbie someone will scoop it up and repair it.

Reactions: Joslynmaliky

Super Moderator
Didn't realize 4 wheel steering was available in 2009.

Registered
2010 CTS4 & 2022 CT5-V (ordered)
Didn't realize 4 wheel steering was available in 2009.
Yup. The impact broke the wheel. Both cars were doing roughly 50 mph at impact but mine was the car that was T-boned so the other car pretty much at impact. I had to bring mine to a stop with curtains hanging down all around, no electronic nannies, and three-wheel drive. Great memories.

Super Moderator
Yup. The impact broke the wheel. Both cars were doing roughly 50 mph at impact but mine was the car that was T-boned so the other car pretty much at impact. I had to bring mine to a stop with curtains hanging down all around, no electronic nannies, and three-wheel drive. Great memories.
Someone was looking out for you that day.
A fraction of a second earlier would've changed your story.

Registered
2010 CTS4 & 2022 CT5-V (ordered)
Someone was looking out for you that day.
A fraction of a second earlier would've changed your story.
I saw the car with maybe 1 second to impact and decided to accelerate and veer to the right. The cops told me that my decision probably moved the impact point from my door to the rear door. It's hard to know what might have happened if if if but regardless nobody was seriously injured and the car did its job and I ordered another identical to the one that sacrificed itself for me.

Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
Looks like another donar for another FrankenWagon...

Premium Member
2016 CTS Premium AWD
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like another donar for another FrankenWagon...
Definitely鈥; I hate that there鈥檚 another one less wagon on the road, but if anybody picks it up and knows who gets it, I can supply a lot of the history, including prior location before I got it. I went in the navigation and saw where 鈥渉ome鈥 and 鈥渨ork鈥 were before I got it

Definitely鈥; I hate that there鈥檚 another one less wagon on the road, but if anybody picks it up and knows who gets it, I can supply a lot of the history, including prior location before I got it. I went in the navigation and saw where 鈥渉ome鈥 and 鈥渨ork鈥 were before I got it
Not to mention the spare key and the wheel key!

Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
Wish I had my house... Would be a nice little project... Although like I need another one...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts