Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
04 Cadillac SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving down the expressway today and all of a sudden my roof sounds like its open. I'm like wtf push the button to make sure it's closed. It is. I roll the sun shade back and push on the right front corner. I could push the whole front corner up. I guess a bolt fell out. Luckily I was driving right past a nice caddy dealer and stopped in. They have to take the whole roof off. I also have an issue with a rattle/noise in the front of the engine bay. I do have to say the dealer i went to so far is excellent. I show up and boom i have a rental and all my issues were going to looked at.

I'm hoping to have her back tomorrow or Weds.

Anyway, just thought i would share. This happen to anyone elses roof?

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
I test drove an SRX today, and I didn't like the Ultraview's sunshade at all. It looked far to cheap for a $55,000 car. :(

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
I test drove an SRX today, and I didn't like the Ultraview's sunshade at all. It looked far to cheap for a $55,000 car. :(
Agree, but it has to be able to roll up like a window shade - simply no other way due to space issues. I thought the same thing, but have no solution. However, I rarely have the shade closed, so no big deal. It (the glass) does not generate the type of heat or glare/light you would expect. They did a good job with that.

·
Registered
2005 SRX AWD V8
204 Posts
In the 2.5yrs I have owned my SRX, the sunshade has been closed probably a day in its whole life (sleeping person in back seat). In fact every three months i leave it closed for a night so it doesn't get wrinkled into oblivion.

As for the bolt, at the rate mine roof loosens and rattles, i would only expect a bolt to fall off, lucky they had a rental

·
Registered
04 Cadillac SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i have a baby in the backseat so i need to have the sunshade closed. If she isn't in the car it's always open.

·
Registered
('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD
1,049 Posts
Well, THANKS fellow SRXers! Had no problems with the UltraView until today, but thanks to you, I apparently lost my right rear bolt. Now the damn roof won't open.

It's a Monday AM call to the dealer for me---and with the 4th coming Wed., who knows when I'll get my SRX back!

Just thankful I'm still under warranty for 7,000 more miles (or Feb.)

Do they really need to remove the whole roof just to replace an odd-ball bolt?

·
Registered
2014 Standard SrX grey/black 2006 GTO
1,795 Posts
I have a non Ultraview '04 and test drove a '07 w/ Ultraview.
The roof started so far behind my eye point, even with the seat all the way back ,that I wonder if it is worth it.

·
Registered
04 Cadillac SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah they had to take the whole roof off to replace the bolt on mine. Don't feel so bad. I still don't have my car back. The rattling noise they heard in the engine bay is (they think) the timing chain. I'm guessing i won't see my car for at least another week. The rental CTS isn't to bad. I did have to take the first CTS back though becuase of bald tires and a horrible alignment. The new rental is nicer and i like the color better.

I hope i get my car back soon.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
b4z, I can't imagine any bodily configuration that would put your "eye point" forward of the UltraView as you describe. My UltraView starts 3-4" rearward of the windshield.

Is it worth it--HELL YES! I use is all the time. Never would have gotten the SRX without it. It's the best feature of the SRX.

·
Registered
04 SRX V8
88 Posts
I can't see out of mine either. I would have to move my seat back 3-4" to get any kind of use out of it. It is probably because I like to sit very upright in my seat.
The kids enjoy the view though.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
109 Posts
We were driving down the freeway around 70 and it suddenly sounded like the sunroof was open. I pushed up on the front left and right sides and the left side will lift up and open a gap. Off to the dealer.

Terry

·
Registered
04 srx v6
203 Posts
I have a non Ultraview '04 and test drove a '07 w/ Ultraview.
The roof started so far behind my eye point, even with the seat all the way back ,that I wonder if it is worth it.
I know what you mean. You do have to be in the back seat to enjoy the view. I mean...Ultra view :)

·
Registered
04 Cadillac SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well got off the phone with the dealer about the rattle in the engine bay. They said it is for sure the timing chain. I guess they have 3 SRXs in there for the same problem. So of course the parts are on back order. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another week before i get it back.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Well got off the phone with the dealer about the rattle in the engine bay. They said it is for sure the timing chain. I guess they have 3 SRXs in there for the same problem. So of course the parts are on back order. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another week before i get it back.
V6 or V8? How many miles?

·
Registered
2005 SRX
109 Posts
Well, we got the SRX back yesterday and today I hit the button to open the Ultraview :rant2:and it popped up a 1/4" and stopped. Squat. Zip. Nada.

And it rattles like crazy now. Back it goes. My attitude will be adjusted accordingly.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Mine's in the shop right now. I assure you--I'll check it out thoroughly before I leave the dealership this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Damn IDIOT dealer!! Went to pick up SRX. They were to replace 1 bolt in Ultraview and check on getting 1 "Stabilitrak engaged" warning per day for 3 days.

First, I check roof...no auto open OR auto close..go back in and they say bring back next week. OK! Next, I go to leave and discover I now have NO power steering! Go back in--tech is now gone for day--They replaced "steering control module" and either got bad one or missed a wire. I have to leave car & get another rental (on Caddy)

Like I said: IDIOTS!! 0 for 2

1 - 20 of 34 Posts