Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
escalade 04
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck looks horrible. My question is, how do i know whats to high and to low. I cant be for sure. Its been in the shop a year, and i have small wheels on it. My check stability light comes on, but when i turn the key to the on position, i guess i hear the compressor because i hear something around the driver rear tire every time, and one time i heard a loud noise, but only once. Would i see the shock move? I take it its not a fuse since i hear something in the rear correct? Chey says i need 2 front sensors, but my truck looks so low in the back. I measured from the top of the right rear tire to the top of the wheel well, and the same on the other side, and the driver rear is sitting lower than the passenger by about 5 inches. The front looks like its ready to stand up its so high.

Im confused.

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
My truck looks horrible. My question is, how do i know whats to high and to low. I cant be for sure. Its been in the shop a year, and i have small wheels on it. My check stability light comes on, but when i turn the key to the on position, i guess i hear the compressor because i hear something around the driver rear tire every time, and one time i heard a loud noise, but only once. Would i see the shock move? I take it its not a fuse since i hear something in the rear correct? Chey says i need 2 front sensors, but my truck looks so low in the back. I measured from the top of the right rear tire to the top of the wheel well, and the same on the other side, and the driver rear is sitting lower than the passenger by about 5 inches. The front looks like its ready to stand up its so high.

Im confused.
What kind of loud noise did you hear?

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,755 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Diamond White ESV
287 Posts

Im confused.
Five inches is ALOT. Are you sure you aren't missing a spring under the driver side?

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,755 Posts
Five inches is ALOT. Are you sure you aren't missing a spring under the driver side?
That's why I wanted a pic, maybe it just seems like 5 inches. I know about the Chevy/GMC "lean", but 5 inches? If 5 inches is correct, I would also be checking springs, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Repost. Sorry

·
Registered
Escalade
58 Posts
your stock compressor is in the rear driver side near the wheel, so that is the sound you're hearing. if you were missing a spring, you would be riding on your bump pad and not have any suspension in the rear pretty much. take it to the shop but im assuming you have by now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts