Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing my current setup, again. :cookoo:

I have the QA-1s and the H&R springs. I was totally satified with this setup until Thursday afternoon when I had 3 passengers in the back seat. The rear was too bouncy and the back rubbed a couple of times. I cringed everytime I approached a bump, undulations in the road or expansion joints. Needless to say since I am driving in NY, I was cringing 90% of the time.

Also if I have a passenger in the front seat, driveway ramps become a challenge to navigate without lightly scraping the chassis on the ground. I think I also mentioned in another thread that I can no longer go to most car washes cause the V is too low. I thought about trying to add another spacer to the front setup and then doing something in the rear as well. After reading several posts, I've decided to get (and already ordered) the GC coilover conversion.

I guess my H&R springs will be in the marketplace by the end of the week. :thumbsup:

This setup will definately give me the spacer-less height adjustablilty that I need. All around more ride adjustability for the street, VDAY3 and beyond. After my install, I'll take photos showing the ride height and give feedback on the ride quality. FYI, I ordered the street performance package from Ground Control.

And the saga continues......

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
I just had the fg2/GC setup installed. Very happy. Yours looks pretty low though.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
and you were wondering why you scrapped??? thats crazy low... if you want to get that low put the car on bags... i am ordering qa1 and gc kit this week to lower me a little bit and improve handling

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and you were wondering why you scrapped??? thats crazy low... if you want to get that low put the car on bags... i am ordering qa1 and gc kit this week to lower me a little bit and improve handling
97% of my driving is done solo. When I am by myself, the car feels great and there are no real issues to mention. It's only when there are additional passengers that I have the issues. The more passengers I have, the greater # of issues.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
yea dont get me wrong i love slammed cars but only in the situation that it's only you... well good luck on your next set-up

·
Registered
2005 Platinum/Ebony
501 Posts
KW for the win.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck with your's too. Perhaps we can compare setup notes. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
yea man i cant wait to get this done to the car... then just hotchkis bars and she'll be nice and tight...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2005 Platinum/Ebony
501 Posts
YOU BUYING?????

btw pimp caddy u still selling that v? if so lets do those wheels on my car!

No need to buy, since I already have KW's. As for selling the V, are you starting a rumor?

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Way too low for around here. My car would be junk if I had it that low :banghead:
Hey, did I see you Sat night? You were zipping around a corner,,,,I think it was Ave C, about 12-1.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Way too low for around here. My car would be junk if I had it that low :banghead:
Hey, did I see you Sat night? You were zipping around a corner,,,,I think it was Ave C, about 12-1.
This is too scary. :histeric:

What were you doing on my side of the river! :) I was going home. Where were you?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I am changing my current setup, again. :cookoo:

I have the QA-1s and the H&R springs. I was totally satified with this setup until Thursday afternoon when I had 3 passengers in the back seat. The rear was too bouncy and the back rubbed a couple of times. I cringed everytime I approached a bump, undulations in the road or expansion joints. Needless to say since I am driving in NY, I was cringing 90% of the time.

Also if I have a passenger in the front seat, driveway ramps become a challenge to navigate without lightly scraping the chassis on the ground. I think I also mentioned in another thread that I can no longer go to most car washes cause the V is too low. I thought about trying to add another spacer to the front setup and then doing something in the rear as well. After reading several posts, I've decided to get (and already ordered) the GC coilover conversion.

I guess my H&R springs will be in the marketplace by the end of the week. :thumbsup:

This setup will definately give me the spacer-less height adjustablilty that I need. All around more ride adjustability for the street, VDAY3 and beyond. After my install, I'll take photos showing the ride height and give feedback on the ride quality. FYI, I ordered the street performance package from Ground Control.

And the saga continues......
If you're getting too much bounce, bump up the adjustment on the shock. With 700lb springs, 3 clicks get me a nice pogo affect, 7 clicks gets me a slight pogo affect and 10 clicks is perfect. Of course, the ride is firm, but...

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
This is too scary. :histeric:

What were you doing on my side of the river! :) I was going home. Where were you?
I was on my way to St. Marks Place for a Bday party.
Sitting at a red light when you came around the corner, gave it some gas, and zoomed away.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum/Ebony
501 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts