Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hows it going! :bouncy: I havent posted on this site for a while! Been working on a few things.

Alright i posted this thread just to let you guys know about me being a vendor on this site. And to see if you guys would be interested in my site if i am a vendor for this site.

I have a company which works with incentivized sites. What my company will have is a "Cadillac" Incentive Site with different parts, such as (grills, intakes, fog lights, spoilers, etc) for every cadillac model.

This is how it works: What each member does is signs up, picks a gift of their choice they would like to get, for example. a Grill for the CTS. You then complete offers, and each offer gives you points for completion. You then use those points towards your gift that you would like to receive. For example if a grill costs $400 you could probably get it for $100 from the site that we have created, by doing offers.

We get paid by the advertisers (the offers you have completed). We then use 90% of the money to buy your gift. Which would be the Cadillac CTS Grill. Please let me know if you guys are interested in this, my company would make it officially for everyone only on cadillacforums.com. This is not a scam, i will provide all info to the owners of this forum (Sal). The more people interested, the better the chance we have in getting this site up soon.

Thankyou.

X

·
0 Posts
in theory, that sounds like a great idea.

It just sounds a little too good to be true, assuming that a 75% discount would be on average (using your example).

If all I have to do is click on some links, and complete some survey's, I'm all for it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey,

Yes, the offers are like trial offers, some are like blockbuster, etc. Say their is a $1.00 7 day trial (that you receive 100 points for). You do that trial and cancel it before your 7 days is up. You still get credit for it, and you should receive credit in a day or so. If you dont receive credit, i dont get paid for that offer you have completed. I will be a vendor on the forum like urb said. I just wanted to see if more people were interested. I would be able to asist you and reply to all support tickets on my site in 24hrs time. We're here to run a business. And i think this would be a great way to do it. I can seriously offer these products if you earn the right amount of points. The advertisers pay us really well. And we use 90%-95% of the money to buy your gift. I and my partners would love to start this off on this forum.

Thanx

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
Hey,

Yes, the offers are like trial offers, some are like blockbuster, etc. Say their is a $1.00 7 day trial (that you receive 100 points for). You do that trial and cancel it before your 7 days is up. You still get credit for it, and you should receive credit in a day or so. If you dont receive credit, i dont get paid for that offer you have completed. I will be a vendor on the forum like urb said. I just wanted to see if more people were interested. I would be able to asist you and reply to all support tickets on my site in 24hrs time. We're here to run a business. And i think this would be a great way to do it. I can seriously offer these products if you earn the right amount of points. The advertisers pay us really well. And we use 90%-95% of the money to buy your gift. I and my partners would love to start this off on this forum.

Thanx
do your people take paypal?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no sorry, they are real companies like blockbuster, netflix, etc. They only take credit card. Some offers on the site will be free however. The more people i have on this thread, saying it would be a great idea, the better. And the sooner we can open the site. thanx

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Um.. yeah. This stuff is legit. Not particularly this person, but things like it.

For instance, I once did one of those "Free Laptop" programs. Had to do 18 different subscriptions (roughly spent $250 on them, blockbuster, diet programs, ect...) and got a free MacBook Pro ($2,000 value.) It took a total of 35 days start to finish. Not terribly hard, once you learn the ropes and how to avoid bad offers.

I don't see this really taking off for Cadillac gifts, but that's just one man's opinion.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, this is pretty much the same thing, except you earn points instead. You also receive your gift in a week or 2 so the process is faster. I was thinking anything and everything people are interested in for their vehicle could be placed on the site. Another example, STS-V fog lights, for people who want to do the conversion for their CTS. Or giftcards to any place of their choice to buy stuff for their cadillac.

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
You can find a lot of parts that you may need/want at huge discounts on ebay or at a small discount from lindsay caddy or gmpartsdirect. I hope you dont have a lot of money invested in this because the idea's not gonna fly...... at least if your going to limit yourself to cadillac parts, which i dont think you will.

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
its too good to be true, it probably will take u good couple of years till u accumulate enough points to get a decent discount!
i QUIT :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we will let you know which company we order your gift from, and that company will send a receipt of the price we have paid. If someone wants to try it out, and write a review on it, that would be fine by us. Just to show everyone how long it takes to accumulate points, and to receive your gift. If its "too good to be true" we'll show you it works. We currently have a site open for anyone who is willing to try it out, it does not have cadillac parts, but game systems, video games, ipods, dvds, etc. If someone is willing to try this site out that has delt with incentive sites before and write a review on it, please let us know, and we will contact you immedietly.

Thanx

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
its too good to be true, it probably will take u good couple of years till u accumulate enough points to get a decent discount!
i QUIT :)
Not true. You will be suprised at the amout of gifts companies will give you for advertising and trial offer type programs.

I just think it's a bad idea because it's targeted at such a small amount of potential customers (cadillac aftermarket parts). You need a bigger audience to be successful in a program like this. Look at iPod, laptops, plasma screen gift programs. Those are things that most people "want".

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
xacomaox - would you be willing to test one of our sites out and write a review on it? The site we have out as off now, holds ipods, lcd's, laptops, dvds, video game systems, games, etc. I know this is a small market, i do have an incentive site that gives these gifts and more, would people be more interested in this? rather than cadillac parts? as i could be a supporting vendor for these products.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Sorry, but my days of FREE *insert-gift* are over. After getting a macbook pro, $2,000 visa gift card, and multiple iPods, I just don't have the willpower nor the time to do more offers.

I would like to go on record that there are many reliable and fairly easy "Do It Yourself" (that is, non-pyramid programs like refer 5 friends ect.) programs out there that are 100% legit.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
do they take paypal
no sorry, they are real companies like blockbuster, netflix, etc. They only take credit card. Some offers on the site will be free however. The more people i have on this thread, saying it would be a great idea, the better. And the sooner we can open the site. thanx
i may b interested
but what about those who dont have credit cards?
online i can only use money orders & my commerce bank gift card(<--now empty)...

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
well Kali, as long as its not an annoying process, and i can do it without a credit card, i'm down.
Afterall, if you think about it, most of us gotta work something like 9 hours to buy something like a new V grille... spending some time to fill out surveys or whatever, and getting a great discount on expensive parts is probably worthwhile to most of us.

however, what if we do start investing in your program & earning "credits", but your company/idea falls through... how will we be reciprocated / reimbursed for what we put in?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts