Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 CTS one day it's fine the next day it sucks! I get maybe one station now on a good day. No I did not get my windows tinted or any work done on the car.
Please, any help out there??
Thx,
Wayne

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Sounds like an attenna problem. Maybe its a bad connection at the rear of the radio. Removing the radio to check is easy. Details are in ReedsFAQ sight. You famliar with that?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I hate to say this, but it is probably the radio.

I have seen a handful of those, the reception just disappears.
The diagnostic charts have you do all sorts of stuff but the only way I have found to diagnose it is put a radio from another car in it and reset the theftlock.
Something in the radio just goes "poof" and it won't pick up stations anymore.

I don't think those radios are cheap either.

Welcome to the forums.
Oh... and PS, I have only seen this issue so far on '03 models.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
I have a 2003 CTS that just start with this problem, Radio worked fine for years, well since new, lol, then one day I started up and no Radio just static, CD worked fine, presets were there, scan on AM or FM found no stations, Radio reception didn't come back until I restarted the car a few hours later, worked fine for a month or two, now its back to no reception every now and then but no reception getting more frequent.
It seems to reset with the startup of the vehicle, if the radio works at startup it never fails while using the car, but if it doesn't work at startup it never comes back on while using the car either.

I can't see a loose connection, i.e. antenna wire behaving that way.

·
Registered
2011 SRX
13 Posts
Had same problem with my radio.
Cadillac replaced the radio...Did not fix problem.

Later then replaced the Antenna Module...Problem fixed.

The problem is not the radio, the antenna or cable connections. Have them look for the Antenna Module.:cool2:

(AKA..Antenna amp)

·
Registered
2015 SRX4 Luxury
621 Posts
Had same problem with my radio.
Cadillac replaced the radio...Did not fix problem.

Later then replaced the Antenna Module...Problem fixed.

The problem is not the radio, the antenna or cable connections. Have them look for the Antenna Module.:cool2:

(AKA..Antenna amp)
Can someone please tell me what this costs? Mine is doing the same thing.. :banghead:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
No one knows except those who have paid to have it done.
I haven't paid attention to the price, most of the ones I see are still in warranty.
I'd have to know the part number of the radio to check on a price and I am not sure it would be the same from your local dealer.
You could probably call your dealer for pricing on the antenna module, they aren't cheap either.
It could cost you between $300 and $1,000

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Another bad gm product. Back to european cars for me. this along with window motors, sunroof motors, rear end diff whine at 60 mph(that caddy says is normal) just seems to be a bad product. darn shame, good looking fun to drive car. please respond if you know the price of this module so I can get rid of this thing. CTS for sale, 5 speed and fun, no audio, window leak, noisy over 60, with a small trunk that's lid falls on you.

·
Registered
Cadillac
216 Posts
As far as your trunk lid goes, there's a recall floating around where the dealer has to replace and repaint the hinges and you get new trunk lid struts.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
As far as your trunk lid goes, there's a recall floating around where the dealer has to replace and repaint the hinges and you get new trunk lid struts.
I have never heard of that? Do you know the recall number?
What is that recall for? I might look later to see if I see anything like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate to say this, but it is probably the radio.

I have seen a handful of those, the reception just disappears.
The diagnostic charts have you do all sorts of stuff but the only way I have found to diagnose it is put a radio from another car in it and reset the theftlock.
Something in the radio just goes "poof" and it won't pick up stations anymore.

I don't think those radios are cheap either.

Welcome to the forums.
Oh... and PS, I have only seen this issue so far on '03 models.
My 2005 has same issue.

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
126 Posts
First thing I would try is a new antenna. You can buy them for under $20 at RockAuto. They are listed under the body section. There are three different ones listed so you have to know which one you need. One kind screws on and the other one has two little Torx bit bolts that hold the antenna on and that's the kind that I needed.

Roy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts