Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cts
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is the new wheels i just got today

phone pic sorry the quality
ill b posting better ones tomorrow
now i have two questions
1: what can i do with the stock 16", if to sell them for how much do they go for with decent tires
2: are they suppose to rub a lil b every time i turn the wheel, while going straight doesn't do it
actually one last question is the car supposed to drive different somehow because of the wheels size they kind of vibrate a lil b (new wheel and new tires) im pretty sure is just they didnt balanced them correctly

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Cts
162 Posts
what wheels and tires where on it?? (pic perferred) cuz im lookin for sum that aint as nicked up as mine are

i cant answer #2

and a vibration could be because of the tire tread pattern .... if they werent balanced properly the wheel would shake as opposed to vibrate

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
i would say bad balance, cheap tires or missing hub rings and they are 5x114.3 would be the cause of the shake.

rubbing, no it shouldnt happen on 20s, but it can...what offset did you get?

·
Registered
2007 cts
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are actually x115 anyways I was hoping to hear some good complements about them :( ill fallow up tomorrow

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
haha compliments are here! they look awesome, i love the machine with black accent, and i like that they arent all 'beefy', the low profile, minimum material spokes is the way to go. i hate rims that are a essentially a chunk of metal, i find them gaudy.. right now my 2 top choices for rims are either getting the OEM 18" 12 spoke and doing semi-gloss/satin black, or getting 18" MODA MD11 machined with semi-gloss black accent.. sorry mike, no 20's for me, the weight and shit roads i drive on are too big a factor.

tossing some Conti DWS or maybe DW ties on, then i need some nice looking rotors, so going with the R1 Premium slotted and likely doing my calipers up in gloss black.. but this wont happen until at least July-ish. i might try and get one more season out of my current summer tires and 16's before dropping the coin on a new setup.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6L Thunder Grey
203 Posts
What kind of wheels are these? What size tires? Its going to be hard to tell you why they are rubbing without any info on the wheels.

Are they dropstar DS10s?

·
Registered
2007 cts
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually I found the reason why it was rubbing one of the inner fenders was out of place, put back on place and stopped, now they rebalance the tires again,one of the weights felt off, is this normal.? Thought it shakes a lil b still its way better than before , imma take it to another shop to have them check.uy tell me after all that he used the wrong weights

·
Registered
2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS
1,007 Posts
Also if you went from 16's to a larger size your ride is not going to be as good, your going to feel more vibration in the road and bumps so maybe that is part of it too. I went from 16's to 18's with wide 245 tires it took me awhile to get adjusted to how different it felt, I went back to get it rebalanced 2 times. I can imagine 20's is worse.

It took me forever to get rid of my factory 16's, I didn't have tires on mine. I had them on craigslist for about 3 months, started at $300 for the set and ended up selling them for $100 just to get them out.

·
Registered
2006 cts
30 Posts
hey nice wheels i had the same problem you have with the balance the way to fix it is force ground balancing this will elimate alot of vibration plus you have to break your tires in a little put some miles on it it will ride alot better and about the weights they need to clean the rim with alchohol so the weights dont come off when you wash it or high speed hope this helps

·
Registered
'04 CTS 3.6L
233 Posts
someones already mentioned this, but i thought id echo it just in case it was over looked. make sure you have hubcentric rings. the right ones.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC
493 Posts
This is what happens when you start jiggin up your car. If Cadillac wanted big ole ghetto wheels on these cars they would have done the the proper R&D to accomodate them without giving up ride comfort. We already know they have 18" wheels out of the factory, why go any bigger than that? So, if you are more concerned with the look than the ride - go for it the jumbo wheels, but do not expect the car to ride and handle like it is designed to...

·
Registered
'04 CTS 3.6L
233 Posts
wet blanket?^ lol

i have 20s and have no issues. aside from having low profile tires, the ride is great. and if you are like the OP and are having these type of problems, it has nothing to do w how cadillac designed the car. lol he obviously has a problem w the wheels themselves. or the installers.

·
Registered
2007 cts
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is what happens when you start jiggin up your car. If Cadillac wanted big ole ghetto wheels on these cars they would have done the the proper R&D to accomodate them without giving up ride comfort. We already know they have 18" wheels out of the factory, why go any bigger than that? So, if you are more concerned with the look than the ride - go for it the jumbo wheels, but do not expect the car to ride and handle like it is designed to...
whats this all about??i was never concern how the car ride just that i wasnt sure because it is the first time i put 20" on one of my cars, but again whats this rudeness about, cmon if i wanna do something to my car im the one paying for it, btw after i took it to another place they told me that the wheels were hard to balance because of their shape inside (of course the other shop didnt tell me that) they rebalanced it an now they are perfect no shaking at any speed, and about gm way of do thing please dont even go there, they gave us the same crappy looking keyless entry remote that every single gm model have, u think they would spend time accomodating the suspension thinking that one of us in a future would like to put bigger wheels on please, plus if i would to put 18" as an aftermarket option i rather stay with my stock 16"wheels

1 - 20 of 39 Posts