Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see from my stats, I currently own an '08 CTS, but not for long! My car, which I enjoy driving quite a bit, has been a severe disappointment as far as reliability goes. Actually, in that respect it's the worst car I have ever owned, truly a lemon. The last straw was three weeks ago, when the ignition switch locked down on me as I was trying to catch a flight! I had to talk to the service rep while on the plane, so they could flat-bed my car to the dealership. That's when we started talking buy-back. My service writer is also a car guy, and has been talking up the V for a while. He agreed that my car is a lemon, having been in the shop for 4 1/2 months out of the first year. He said he was going to present my case to the Cadillac rep who was coincidentally going to be there while my car was being fixed, yet again.

Meanwhile, I had yet to even drive a V. At first, I wasn't interested in driving an automatic, and there weren't any sticks around metro Atlanta. Then, there weren't ANY V's around, period. The closest stick I could find was in Charlotte, four hours away, and I just didn't have the time to drive that far, just for a test drive. Then I found myself in Miami and located a stick in Naples, but it wasn't ready to be driven yet, unfortunately. Meanwhile, Cadillac still hadn't given me an answer on the buy-back.

The next weekend, I checked the website again, and found 2 V's in the area, both automatics. One was being delivered as I called, and then I called on the other, and asked if it was available for a test drive. He said yes and in fact he had three autos in stock. I said "too bad you don't have a stick", and he said "we have one of those too"!!! Only one of these cars has ever been listed on the web-site, though they had four in stock. Go figure.

I rushed over to try it out. Crystal Red with Ebony Recaro's, Microfiber wheel( but not shifter, yet), Ultraview, Nav, and polished wheels. All the equipment I wanted, just not my first choice color, which would have been silver (it hides the pollen better). Drove it, and loved it! Makes my current CTS seem like a toy. Can't stop thinking about it.

I called my current dealership the next Monday and told them I had found an acceptable car at another local dealership. They were still waiting to hear from Cadillac, but were supposed to have an answer last Friday. The other dealership keeps calling, of course. They only offered $1000 off sticker, and just $26,000 for my car (MSRP $45,680!, with a $3000 hit for being a stick, though it was $1300 cheaper). Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled with that offer, And I correctly figured Cadillac would do better than that.

A couple of days ago Cadillac told them they would buy the car back, but the other dealer said there was a deposit on the red car, which no one believed. They located a silver car in Greensboro, NC with all the right equipment, but they didn't want to dealer trade, either. They called today to tell me the terms of the deal with Cadillac, and I told them either car was acceptable.

Well, the local dealer released the Red one, and I'm scheduled for delivery Tuesday! Can't wait, I'm so excited! Here's the best part: the buy-back. Cadillac is really stepping up to the plate with this one. They are crediting me with MSRP for my car ( I had gotten about $3500 off in February '08, which was pretty good for a hot car, and way before the meltdown). This against MSRP on the V, minus about $3860 for mileage, and then the difference in sales tax. That's about a $16,000 savings over the other dealer's trade-in offer! Even with fine negotiating, employee pricing ( I'm not, nor a supplier), or other incentives, there is no way to beat this deal! I even get to keep the remainder of my 0.9% loan from my current car, and I can use my home equity line for the balance. Very Awesome.

I also have to thank Heritage Cadillac in Jonesboro for going to bat for me, and especially, my service writer, Danny Vernon, who did so much work to get this done. Can't wait until Tuesday! Sorry about the long post, but I've been through a lot with my current car, and even this deal took 3 1/2 weeks, so I had a lot to get off my chest!

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Congratulations on your new V!. If it's any consolation, I've had mine for about 1500 miles and just over a month with no trouble yet. (Crosses fingers given your experience!) The best thing about reading on your situation is that Cadillac stepped up to the plate for your lemon. That really makes me feel better about my own purchase in the (hopefully unlikely) event of its having problems.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! I had excellent customer service from Cadillac as well when I smashed up our 2006 STS 4 right after we bought it. It sat waiting for a $100 plastic inner fender skirt for three weeks. When I called the dealer to ask where our car was and was informed of the parts delay I called Caddy customer service with the part number. They called the vendor had the part direct shipped to the dealer (by Fedex). Paid for my Cadillac rental and even one month of lease payment. They called me daily to let me know that they were on it for me too. That kind or customer service has earned Caddy and GM three more purchases from me (2005 CTS-V, 2008 XLR and 2009 CTS-V). Glad to hear that in these trying times they continue to try their best to make things right for their customer's.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the car last night. I've tried posting earlier in the week, but got some kind of security error, but now that's fixed. The transaction was supposed to take place Tuesday, but GMAC couldn't transfer my loan until yesterday, and the 0.9% rate was too good to lose. I had a couple of anxious days, but now all is well.

It's still a bit of a shock to see this big, red, hulking sedan in my garage, compared to my pretty but much less imposing '08 silver CTS. Of course, it drives great, though I've had very little opportunity to play yet. And even though I just got out of a CTS with most of the same goodies, there is still a lot to learn, and to set up, so I can just relax and enjoy the drive. I still have less than 100 miles, so I'm trying to stay out of the power, but it's shocking how easy it is to shoot up hills in higher gears where my last car would have struggled. The suspension is amazing. There is more feel for sure, but no real harshness, and more comfortable over the bad stuff than the '08 with FE3. And the grip. Even with still new tires, I registered 0.94 G in a parking lot with the saleswoman screaming, and it felt like there was more to be had. Steering is really fabulous, too; stable, and with lots of feel. Brakes feel nice and firm, too, though I haven't really used them hard yet.

I love the Recaros, though I still haven't hit the ideal position yet. I actually did better on the test drive with this car, and I wish I had put that setting into the memory! I am finding that with the higher bolsters I need the exit setting to get out of the car, which I did not need with the standard seats. I love the microfiber wheel, too; hope it holds up. The transmissions shifts well, though I didn't realize that reverse was to the right ( on the regular CTS it is to the left, like BMW and Porsche). The parking brake is certainly trick. and I really like the hill holder, but I'm not sure if valet's are going to figure it out.

So familiar, yet different at the same time. Now, to figure out the bluetooth, get the garage door opener to work (tried last night, but no success, unlike the other car), reset the compass, etc, etc, etc. I'll try to have some pictures soon, too.

By the way, total savings with the Cadillac buy-back over a trade was $15,678!!! Way to go, Cadillac!

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
Home link works great, but you may have a time doing it right, my door needed a bit of maintence, so the garage door guy did
it in about 47 seconds, love it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts