Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1998 Eldorado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a previous owner of a cadillac ( 94 deville ) I have learned the joys and the not so joys of owning these cars. This site has helped me alot and while the new isnt a 4.9 ( 302k miles ) and isnt as bullet proof ( that 94 wont die) I got tired of not having heat! So I got me a 1998 Cadillac El Dorado with 58K orginal miles as you will see for the pictures its clean!

The good: ITS CLEAN WITH SUPER LOW MILES!!! Newer tires and brakes, bose sounds system all the bells and whistles really. its a retail value at around 6-7k ( i paid less than half )

The not so good: Needs a driver tailight lens ( already bought one off ebay but the guy seen it was cracked so got refund), a passenger back up lamp lens. Refrigerant is low ( i can take care of that on my own ). The one thing that is bugging me ( but i havent looked into yet ) The driver corner lamp was always on and the passenger wasnt. Thought it maybe was sposed to be that way and the pass was blown. Bought new bulb replaced nothing so just disconnected driver side. Now on my 94 the cornering bulb is only on when the turn signal is engaged, so idk not a huge deal that ill figure out eventually ( hopefully )

Attachments

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Get an account with flikr or another pic hosting site. Upload your pics to it and insert links into your posts with
around it and pic will show up. This site severely limits upload size total.
Nice car btw

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,257 Posts
As a previous owner of a cadillac ( 94 deville ) I have learned the joys and the not so joys of owning these cars. This site has helped me alot and while the new isnt a 4.9 ( 302k miles ) and isnt as bullet proof ( that 94 wont die) I got tired of not having heat! So I got me a 1998 Cadillac El Dorado with 58K orginal miles as you will see for the pictures its clean!

The good: ITS CLEAN WITH SUPER LOW MILES!!! Newer tires and brakes, bose sounds system all the bells and whistles really. its a retail value at around 6-7k ( i paid less than half )

The not so good: Needs a driver tailight lens ( already bought one off ebay but the guy seen it was cracked so got refund), a passenger back up lamp lens. Refrigerant is low ( i can take care of that on my own ). The one thing that is bugging me ( but i havent looked into yet ) The driver corner lamp was always on and the passenger wasnt. Thought it maybe was sposed to be that way and the pass was blown. Bought new bulb replaced nothing so just disconnected driver side. Now on my 94 the cornering bulb is only on when the turn signal is engaged, so idk not a huge deal that ill figure out eventually ( hopefully )
----------------------------
I wonder why the front end is a different color -
could explain the cheap price and electrical problem -
good luck -

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Much easier said than done. Done properly at a good shop, that'll cost him half what he paid for the car.

·
Banned
1998 Eldorado
36 Posts

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
The whole car is at the same angle to the camera. The hood and left fender definitely look a whole lot lighter in the picture you deleted.

Not "hate", just an observation.

·
Banned
1998 Eldorado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Click the facebook link, your observation sucks... The whole car isnt at the same angle as the camera your a moron! Clearly taken from in front of the car! Its hate...

----------

The whole car is at the same angle to the camera. The hood and left fender definitely look a whole lot lighter in the picture you deleted.

Not "hate", just an observation.
me trying to upload a better picture, this site wont let me. My original is back up and obvious its the camera especially after you look at the external link. Im sorry you arent able to comprehend anything more than your eyes see. Your " observation: is a 100% wrong bucko. When your able to photograph pearl white with a camera phone let me know champ

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
Corebit18 said:
Click the facebook link
I did. I see a twilight picture of the opposite side of the car, and one of a post it note in someone's leg. Am I missing something?

your observation sucks...
Your attitude leaves a whole lot to be desired.

The whole car isnt at the same angle as the camera
Your reading comprehension skills seem to be lacking a bit too. I said the same angle TO the camera, nor AS the camera.

your a moron!
I'll bite my tongue and let the mods take care of that bit of misinformation.

me trying to upload a better picture, this site wont let me.
Did you not read post #3?

My original is back up and obvious its the camera especially after you look at the external link.
The link doesn't show the same picture, and the re uploaded image looks exactly the same.

Im sorry you arent able to comprehend anything more than your eyes see.
So what sense would you suggest I use to SEE a picture?? My ears? I guess you're right, I can't hear the different shades of white...

Your " observation: is a 100% wrong bucko.
perhaps you should look up the definition of that word.

When your able to photograph pearl white with a camera phone let me know champ
Uhh, you point the phone at the car and tap the screen. A camera phone typically has lower resolution than most digital cameras, that in no way makes same color objects appear as a different color.

·
Banned
1998 Eldorado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol let em at it! Done nothing wrong but point out the hating flowing through you. I've read other posts of yours and typically your attitude is crap. let the hate consume ya fella

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
Casually stating my observation on a color of a fender and being called a moron... Yeah, I'm definitely the one with the attitude issue. Good luck in life.

·
Banned
1998 Eldorado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm laughing and being a smart ass cause the car is all the same shade. This genius who has never seen the car seems to know it all!

·
19,257 Posts
cOLOR]I do not like the fake rag top crap!

----------

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=898052696892337&set=a.101818106515804.4358.100000628467407&type=1&theater

----------

I wonder why you hate so much, its called the camera angle...
==============================
I wonder why you hate so much

sorry if your feelings are hurt - :crybaby: -
what are you - 12?

its called the camera angle
I don't think so -
it sure looks like the entire front clip has been repainted -
does the car have a SALVAGE title?

When your able to photograph pearl white
with a camera phone let me know champ

every MORON knows the color is NOT pearl white -
it is WHITE DIAMOND -

here ya go "Bucko" -
my 02 DHS - white diamond -
this pic taken with my old LG flip phone -

car-3.jpg

--------------------------------

This genius who has never seen the car seems to know it all!
never claimed to know it all -
I just call them as I see them -

Attachments

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
Well there's a lot of sun glare, but below the glare, the lower part of the door still looks darker than the lower part of the fender directly in front of it.

Regardless of any picture you post, Bass and I's comments were based on the one picture that you provided in your first post. In that picture, there is a very obvious color difference. What the car looks like to you in person is completely irrelevant when you're the only one seeing it that way, and everyone else only has a picture to go on.

·
Banned
1998 Eldorado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lmfao this dudes a trip!!!! your wrong got proved wrong and you still cant shut your mouth... Ignorance is bliss my friend you gotta be one blissfull mofo! Rock on d bag!

·
19,257 Posts
Not perfect picture still but you can enter your foot into your mouth anytime now. Or are you going to come up with some other line of crap! ROFL :tisk:
=================================
White Diamond IS a difficult color to match PERFECTLY -
the angle it's sprayed will change how the metal flake lays down -
and that changes how light is reflected off the surface -

anyone with an experienced eye
can plainly see the difference in color
between the front clip and door -
even in this pic -

I understand you don't want to believe
your "treasure" isn't quite as good as you thought -

but fact is fact -
it's a 17 year old car that's been hit and repainted - what's the big deal?
it's not a "classic" - and far from a "show car" -
just drive it and enjoy it for what it is -
a low-mileage - 17 year old - used Eldo -
well worth the ~$2500 you paid for it -

----------

Ignorance is bliss my friend
you gotta be one blissfull mofo!
Rock on d bag!

oh - you should knock the hostilities down a notch or two -

even if you don't like the answers/responses you get -
name calling is unacceptable behavior - :tisk:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts