Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You thought I was going to say staring at Ralph's posts for hours on end, didn't you! A couple of months ago, a good friend and I began playing raquetball. For several years, we've been big into lifting on a regular basis, but we've both agreed that running is just not for us; too boring to run an 1/8th mile track. So finally, we agreed to give racqetball a try, being that it is a very competitive and fast-paced game. Since the beginning of September, I've lost 8 pounds (I can't see it in the mirror) and I've noticed that lifting has gotten easier. Does anyone else around here play raquetball? I've become a nut about it lately! The large welt on my ass proves it! I dunno, just something about the desire to absolutely murder my opponent! :lildevil:

Brian

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
I guess I need to give you a reason to start looking at my posts again Brian! I used to play tennis, but now I have a bad knee, unfortunately. I found racquetball pretty fast-paced. Anyways, now that I'm on the injured roster, I sit at home and send nice pictures for you to create captions!

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yeah, when your knees start hurting tennis gets tough. I have never tried raquetball, but it does look fun. I started playing tennis when I was 13 and I had found my passion, just like you and racquetball. After 2 years of playing I had a weight lifting, mile running, never get tired workout man huffing and puffing after a half an hour of playing me. I never get tired of it, no matter how many aches and pains I have I WONT STOP. I play 5-7 nights a week, that is how dedicated I am. Hell I am even starting to play left handed, so when my right arm gets hurt I can still play. I hope you find the same passion in your racquetball playing and good luck with your game. BTW Ralph, get a prettier girl than Sharapova to post pics of, I know the pickens are pretty slim, but Hantucova is prettier than her.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
JC316 said:
BTW Ralph, get a prettier girl than Sharapova to post pics of, I know the pickens are pretty slim, but Hantucova is prettier than her.
Oh no, I wasn't putting the picture of Maria Sharapova there because I wanted a pretty girl, it was all about tennis and athletics and good wholesome exercise.:yup:

But if you want me to post a picture of an attractive young lady, you'll have to ask! (I would never do that without a good reason).

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ralph said:
it was all about tennis and athletics and good wholesome exercise
Of course! Now I know what the latest trends and styles are in the raquet sports area. Brian

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I've played a few times, and LOVED it...but I ended up switching gyms and don't have the opportunity anymore...not that I've even been to the damned gym in a month, but that's a whole 'nuther story

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Dang! I thought this thread was going to be about women.
These sports are heavy impact - bad on the kness, especially for us older farts.
I still lift weights for muscle and went from running to cycling for aerobic/cardio fitness

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
EcSTSatic