Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Here is what I did: removed resonator and factory mufflers. Installed custom at the shop H pipe and two Aero Turbine 2540i muffs. Needless to say it is loud and it sounds bad a$$ for 353.00 installed and that is price of muffs and muff shop installing. I chose to stick the tips out .50". I love it and that is my taste.

[/IMG]

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
no sound clip?

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
working on the soiund clip. should be able to post soon.

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
I'm curious to hear the H-Pipe. Anyone got imput on the differences in sound and performance between H and X pipes on these V motors?

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure how this is going to sound. here it goes.....

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
It looks quality. The tips stick out a bit far for my tastes, but whatever floats your boat.

waiting on sound as well...

EDIT: there's the sound.

It sounds MEAN! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it looks better than you think up close. it just looked better when mounting and there is some sort of retriction on the driver side that makes the clearance tight to center. the pics make it seem they stick out further because the bumber is not square, this way they are even. probably could have flushed em, too late now. Oh well, reall grows on you, lol. Just in case, i do have two AR25 resonators that I could install to tone down, IF i wanted to. KOOKS coming soon. Can't wait to hear it then. Sounds like a REAL race car at about 6900rpm's.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Sounds good man. I do agree with 510 on the tips being out a bit much for my tastes, but to each his own. Kooks are next on my list too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
I Like the sound! not bad for a muffler company that says these are perfect for a HONDA:canttalk:

actually the muffler stated off with muscle cars and was re-designed for drift cars etc...

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Nice. I cant wait to hear how the GReddy exhaust sounds on the V, then injen and then HKS. So many good times ahead.

:banghead:

Also...what kind of off road tires do you have? You running the Baja 1000 next year?

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
Nice. I cant wait to hear how the GReddy exhaust sounds on the V, then injen and then HKS. So many good times ahead.

Also...what kind of off road tires do you have? You running the Baja 1000 next year?
lots of fail in this post.... so much so i have to log off and go outside

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
lots of fail in this post.... so much so i have to log off and go outside
Oh, sorry...are you running injen exhaust and 33" Nitto Dune Grapplers on your 04-05 V too? Didn't mean to offend you.

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts

The exhaust actually sounds pretty good, but the first thing I DID think when i saw the mufflers was why would someone put fart cans on this beautiful car!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
The exhaust actually sounds pretty good, but the first thing I DID think when i saw the mufflers was why would someone put fart cans on this beautiful car!
I heard that Folgers makes a pretty sweet exhaust for our car too. Rumor has it Starbucks is in the R&D phase. Cant wait to see what you LS6 guys do next...tri level spoiler?

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
I heard that Folgers makes a pretty sweet exhaust for our car too. Rumor has it Starbucks is in the R&D phase. Cant wait to see what you LS6 guys do next...tri level spoiler?
I will let you see my muffler cans, just line up next to my ls6 at a light:want:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I will let you see my muffler cans, just line up next to my ls6 at a light:want:
:histeric:

Lets do it! Where is a good half way point? How far from Dallas are you?

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
:histeric:

Lets do it! Where is a good half way point? How far from Dallas are you?
about 2 days:histeric:

we have about same mods/rwhp...it would be all driver....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts