Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, its been a long time coming, but I finally bought my first Escalade. Ive wanted one since I first laid eyes on one in '02. Ive always been a Cadillac man, having owned several other Caddys including my 93 Fleetwood, and 94 Deville, but neither compare to the Escalade. I found it at my local dealer, it had a a little higher miles than I would have liked, at 88,000, most of which were highway miles as the guy drove 25 miles back and forth to work everyday, But it was a 1 owner, and Carfax clean, plus I got it for around 18 grand which I thought was a good deal. But now my horror story, after just a few days of owning my new lac, the front differential went out. It has been at the dealership for a week now, and the Viscous Clutch they need for the rebuild is currently on back order, and no other Caddy dealerships in the states have one (so says my dealer):confused:. So my wait time is at least 2 weeks now. Anyways, here are a few pics, can't wait to drive it again:mad::mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Nice Escalade! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the problems you have with it, but after its all fixed, it'll be brand new again! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats.....is the work covered under warranty at least?
nope,,the one time I neglected to buy an extended warranty,,Ive never used any warranty of 3 vehicles Ive had with it, and now this. Luckily, the dealership is going to split the cost for the repair, my share is 700. I guess it could be worse.:bigroll:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Congrats and nice ride. Good color also.

I picked mine up with 89k on it for a little more than you paid and have driven it 8k miles in the past couple months with no problems. I bought a warranty for that very reason you took your Escalade in. Luckily you have a stand up dealer. Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Congrats and nice color choice as said. It's surprising on how many diffs go on these trucks, most of them go because no maintenance is done i.e. change the diff oil, the diffs do not hold much oil and they get hot, good synthetic gear oil and changes every 25k will make them last much longer. :)

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,741 Posts
Very nice, congrats! And kudos to your dealer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just informed today that the part IS on a national backorder, and the are 80 dealers in the the US that are waiting of the Viscous Clutch, mine is number 75 in line:rant2::rant2::rant2: Atleast they gave us a Yukon loaner for a few weeks till the part gets here. Its nice, but I dont feel near as cool driving it.:bigroll:

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
Make sure to do the general maintanance on the new truck. 60,000 mile maintance may have never been done? At any rate have fun and enjoy the truck. As long as you have it up you had might as well have the rears fluid done too. Then they are in the same intervals yet, and you know if the rear is bad too. As long as they are doing one at half price they will do both I would bet. If it needed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts