Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
NONE - was 2006 CTS. Now 2012 4LT Centennial GS Corvette
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and trying to decide what vehicle I wanted for my next daily driver and the CTS-V coupe was on my short list. I finally made my mind up and purchased it yesterday.

I ended up with a 2012 4LT Grand Sport Centennial Edition Corvette convertible. It had 4976 miles on it as I drove it off the dealer's lot. I'll never understand people who buy a car like this and let it sit in the garage. I will be driving it about 20k miles a year.

I haven't posted a lot on the forum since I got rid of my '06 CTS in the spring of 2010 but have continued to lurk occasionally. I have been a little more active recently but that will probably stop again and I will become active on the Corvette forums again. This is the 3rd Vette that I've owned and I think this one is a keeper! :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
220 Posts
Been there..done that with a C6Z...glad I have a CTS V Coupe!

Enjoy your new ride to the fullest! It is beautiful!

·
Registered
2015 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Crystal White Polished Wheels Sunroof
146 Posts
YAWN, You now own the same car as 30K others do in a great color combo,lol...C YA

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
^^^Yep.

Not sure why you even posted here. When I bought my RAV4 I didn't post in the Land Rover blog.

It is a nice car though, enjoy. :)

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I like Corvettes, I just think you bought the wrong one. I'd go 2009 or newer Z06, add heads, cam, exhaust and make 550rwhp. Get coilovers and have a great everyday car with awesome road racing capabilities. If I was looking for a fast convertible I'd have went with the ZL1. Seats 4, handles great and goes like hell!

·
Registered
NONE - was 2006 CTS. Now 2012 4LT Centennial GS Corvette
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like Corvettes, I just think you bought the wrong one. I'd go 2009 or newer Z06, add heads, cam, exhaust and make 550rwhp. Get coilovers and have a great everyday car with awesome road racing capabilities. If I was looking for a fast convertible I'd have went with the ZL1. Seats 4, handles great and goes like hell!
436 hp is plenty for me. I have a 2002 Avalanche I bought new and modded to play with. It's Magnacharged, pullied down, cammed, and stalled. I do my own programming with HPTuners. It's got 475 hp and goes very well for a 6k pound pig. If I really get the itch for performance on the Vette, it's only as far away as a supercharger but I doubt seriously I will go that route. The Vette was intended to be my "fun" car - it will be more cruising than balls-to-the-wall, though there will be a fair amount of that also. :spin:

As far as the ZL1 seating 4; not so much. I've seen the back seats and they are more appropriate for paper bags of groceries. Besides, my kids are grown and I don't need to seat 4 much any more. The Avalanche does that well, as does the wife's 2014 Charger.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
436 hp is plenty for me. I have a 2002 Avalanche I bought new and modded to play with. It's Magnacharged, pullied down, cammed, and stalled. I do my own programming with HPTuners. It's got 475 hp and goes very well for a 6k pound pig. If I really get the itch for performance on the Vette, it's only as far away as a supercharger but I doubt seriously I will go that route. The Vette was intended to be my "fun" car - it will be more cruising than balls-to-the-wall, though there will be a fair amount of that also. :spin:

As far as the ZL1 seating 4; not so much. I've seen the back seats and they are more appropriate for paper bags of groceries. Besides, my kids are grown and I don't need to seat 4 much any more. The Avalanche does that well, as does the wife's 2014 Charger.
I've actually sat in them vs. looked at them and they're very comfortable. I know a little about pigs. I had a 625rwhp 300c SRT8 that ran 10's in the 1/4 mile. That Avalanche sounds like fun, always had a soft spot for them. Enjoy your vette.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts

For a daily driver I think that's awesome. Congrats!

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
A Grand Sport is a great daily driver. If you'd gotten a Z06 that would be (to me) less of a daily driver Corvette.

Enjoy in good health!

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Sick looking Vette. I would've gone for one with a clutch pedal though, but man that Grand Sport package really dresses it up, love that wide body look.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
329 Posts
Nice car brother! I love the looks of the GS Vette. They always catch my eye. Have fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts