Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
04' Escalade
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally jumped in with both feet and bought my Escalade!!! I picked up a gorgeous 2004 model with the 6.0L and AWD. She has every available option except for the snow plow package, was a one owner, non-smoker, garage kept and Cadillac maintained baby. The only non-factory add on's are the front grill, a Viper 791 two way alarm with one mile radius and remote start, and a K40 2000P built in 360 degree radar detector with dual Laser Defusers.

I snapped some pretty crappy pictures in my driveway and the lighting was absolutely horrible but here she is:

I am absolutely smitten by every facet of this truck! This is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever purchased. Everything in the truck works as if it just left the dealer. I even named her, Jezebel :) I have a couple of things planned for her:

-Replace oil and filter, front and rear Diff Fluid, Transfer Case fluid, Tranny Fluid and Filter.
-CAI
-Tint front door windows 20% to match the rest of the tint.
-Add dual head rest monitors in the back bucket seats to compliment main drop down monitor.
-Install PS2 for the boys to play.
-Upgrade Nav Disk from 4.1 to the most current.
-Possibly add a Cat Back Exhaust, just need to listen to a couple of different ones and figure out what sounds best with the 6.0
-Pick up these 24" wheels

Well that is a brief intro of my new best girl! I will post pics as I start to do some of the planned upgrades.

Matt

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Looks great! What kind of deal did you end up getting?

·
Registered
04' Escalade
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great! What kind of deal did you end up getting?
Not as good as a lot of people have gotten on here but not nearly as bad as what the market for AWD Escalades dictates in CO. I looked at a total of 22 used Escalades at 7 different dealers all 04-06 this was by far the nicest of the bunch and I picked her up for 5 grand less on average than the other ones I looked at. I ended up paying 18.5 out the door with a 2 year unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty. I know a lot of people here have gotten them for a lot cheaper but the only thing that matters is I am happy with my Lade and the deal that I worked out to get her :woohoo:

Matt

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Not as good as a lot of people have gotten on here but not nearly as bad as what the market for AWD Escalades dictates in CO. I looked at a total of 22 used Escalades at 7 different dealers all 04-06 this was by far the nicest of the bunch and I picked her up for 5 grand less on average than the other ones I looked at. I ended up paying 18.5 out the door with a 2 year unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty. I know a lot of people here have gotten them for a lot cheaper but the only thing that matters is I am happy with my Lade and the deal that I worked out to get her :woohoo:

Matt
Based on the prices you had listed before, 18.5 out the door is an awesome deal for the market you're in! 22k was just ridiculous!

Congrats!

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
207 Posts
Very nice lade and you got a decent deal. Congrats! In my opinion that grill has to go! But those wheels are bad ass. As far as the exhaust, i have a Corsa sport,it has a very clean crisp tone. I think Magnaflow and Borla sound way to messy and "phlemy". The Corse Sport is a bit loud but i have learned to love it.They offer a touring version that is more tamed. If you go to the website you can actually hear what both will sound as you rev, idle and drive by. Have fun customizing her because you will never be done!

http://www.corsaperf.com

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
:welcome5: to the forums. ++rep points for posting pics! :)

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
16 Posts
She's pretty...I like the Grill..and the bling :cool2:...very nice...Have FUN!!!..I got my 04 last year late august or september..I still feel like a queen :worship:as I ride..I enjoy my Escalade..Happy as i ride..with my music...you will be surprise how people will treat you.. :bighead:and Yes you are going to come across some haters.. :alchi:but O well..they can go out and get one...once more CONGRATS!!!:cool2:

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Personally I kinda like that grille... Not sure why.

One thing you HAVE to do... Look up the instructions on here about how to clear that haze off the top of the headlights (it's actually smoke residue from hot marker/DRL bulbs). It's pretty easy and makes a TREMENDOUS difference to the look of the truck, makes the lights CRYSTAL clear again. All you have to do is remove them and slosh some warm solution through them then make sure they are bone dry before you put them back together.

·
Registered
04' Escalade
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wheels are Lexani LX6's and they were love at first sight! I just have to convince the wife its a good idea to spend the $$$$ after spending all the $$$$ on the truck :)

I actually like the grill so it will probably stay unless I find one I like better, when the sun hits all those rhinestones it is pretty amazing to see!

I will find that post on cleaning the headlights and try and get that done when I do the fluid change this weekend. I would also like to find a nice pure white high beam bulb to switch out the yellowish tinted ones that are in the truck right now.

I'll check out the Corse exhaust systems, I want something that sounds good but not your standard loud Chevy Truck good!

It is kinda amazing how I "feel" when I am driving her, literally like the king of the world! I almost feel like I am not worthy :worship:

Matt

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Matt C you sir, have the "new car syndrome" and whats even "worse" is that it is with a 'Lade - now THAT is the baddest of "new car syndrome" LOL.

Anyway, I like your truck - that is the pearl diamond white ain't it :) - well you will find lots of help here and everyone basically shares their experiences here so I am sure you will love this forum as much as I do :)

Take Care.

·
Registered
04' Escalade
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I just installed my new fog lights (both had fallen off lens syndrome) I put a a little bit of clear silicone around the seams so hopefully it wont happen again. I also installed a K&N drop in air filter.

I had contacted the Caddy Service center for a full fluid change out quote and the quoted me $1,200.00 :histeric: that was for dino fluids too not even synthetics! I hit Autozone and picked up all Mobile 1 Synthetic fluids (oil, tranny, transfercase, front and rear dif) K&N air Filter, oil filter, and tranny filter for $300.00 and GM wonders why they had to go bankrupt!

Tomorrow morning I will knock out the fluid exchange and have a good solid starting point for future maintenance!

Matt

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good lookin Lade!

Glsd to hear you are knockin out the fluid change....that is the most important thing to do first when buying one of these!

·
Registered
04' Escalade
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well today was a productive one up until the Tornado warnings, torrential down pour, and pea sized hail :banghead: WTH I live in Colorado not Kansas! The last week has been very weird weather, thunderstorms every afternoon and tornado warnings and hail every other day so it seems.

Well I managed to get all of the fluids changed except for the tranny, that and the headlight cleaning will have to wait until next weekend.

Front Differential: Fluid actually looked pretty good looks like it had been changed maybe in the last 10K miles or so. Replaced it with 1.75 quarts of Mobil 1 75W90 Synthetic. Had a little gunk on the magnetic plug but not a whole lot.

Transfer Case: Holy crap add mine to the way overfilled list as well, removed the fill plug and at LEAST a quart of fluid came pouring out. I too am baffled how somebody could over fill the case by that much fluid, it just doesn't seem possible. I refilled it with Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF Dexron fluid took about 1.75 quarts as well.

Rear Differental: Don't think it had ever been changed, the bolts looked untouched, guess it's possible a shop "pumped" the fluid out through the fill hole but, who knows? Drained all the fluid and it was definitely older than the fluid in the front but actually didn't look all that bad. Replaced with 3 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic 75W90.

Oil Change: Nothing to exciting, 6 quarts of Mobil 1 5W30 synthetic and a new Mobil 1 oil filter. Figured out how to reset the oil life meter. I plan on changing out every 5k.

I also got my full set of owners manuals, new remote and 2 wireless headphones, an extra key (w/Cadillac logo), the replacement fog lights, a gently used V 4.1 Nav disk, and some spiffy Cadillac logo valve stem caps.

Minor issues that I need to address:
-De-fog the headlights.
-One or two minor paint touch ups, ordered the kit from Cadillac Dealer.
-Back up sensors are not working, researching the issue on the forums.
-Still need to change the Tranny fluid and filter.
-Find out what is vibrating under the car causing a harmonic tinny noise. Sounds like a heat shield may be a little loose. I need to just tighten all the bolts and see if that fixes it.

Matt

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
637 Posts
Truck looks clean and nice but please ditch that $100 grille.Those are ebay specials.Notice how the hood trim does not line-up with the grille.

What are the miles?

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
That chrome overlay ruins the entire car.... get an E&G grille .... otherwise, looks great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts