Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,657 Posts
Jd7-- When you say seat covers, do you mean new leather, or just cheapos to cover the cracked leather???

If you live within driving distance of indiana, I can recommend you to a really nice trim shop.... I am taking the Q in to get the seats redone......

And about taking out the cat... I wouldnt do it, it will mess things up..... maybe you could get the o2 sensors recalibrated to deal with no cat??!

I may also recommend getting the car re-clear coated..... Most of the time the paint isnt bad, but its the clear coat that gives it lustrous color... Maybe another 200 to get that done........

· Registered
7,657 Posts
Save your money, and do it right...... Trust me, it will make you happier (besides, you would get to experience the new car smell all over again :) )

Do all your engine work first, then do your apperance improvments later with whatever you have left....... Or maybe you could ask for a little assistance from your parents/granparents/relatives??!!

Attachments

· Registered
7,657 Posts
92 eldorado should fit OK........

Are the front seats the only ones that need fixin?? Because I got a quite at a local trim shop for 250 a seat...... that is with real leather and color matched........

· Registered
7,657 Posts
So basically for 500 you have new seats...... Sounds like a good deal to me!! Better than cheapo covers....... Maybe you could get lucky and find a place where they sell factory leather covers, pre-cut, and in your color, so all you have to do is install them!! It shouldnt be hard, but it would be time consuming!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.