Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it up today from the dealership. Ordered it 2 weeks ago and happened to have one in-transit that exactly fit my specs. It is GORGEOUS. I made sure to drive it on the freeway for 10 miles at 70-80 mph to make sure there is no vibration of any kind. The car had 5 miles on it when I picked it up. The transmission upshift from 1 to 2 gear was quite rough for the first mile or so of stop-and-go. But then it settled down and is buttery-smooth. The CUE was quite responsive to touch inputs, but the voice commands are slow to respond. So far I am very happy.

IMG_3040.jpg
IMG_3039.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! We are in the Florida panhandle. Temp is down to low 30's. The car is 2WD, but we wanted it mainly for the people carrying and not off-road ability. Had the windows UV tinted all-around. Maiden voyage to Rosemary beach tomorrow (Emerald Coast), and will report back on usability and driving dynamics.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Thanks! We are in the Florida panhandle. Temp is down to low 30's. The car is 2WD, but we wanted it mainly for the people carrying and not off-road ability. Had the windows UV tinted all-around. Maiden voyage to Rosemary beach tomorrow (Emerald Coast), and will report back on usability and driving dynamics.
Good luck and enjoy.....! Voice command response time is slow....but after experience with other manufactures voice systems over the years, I am very happy that the responses are accurate!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blit184 said:
Good luck and enjoy.....! Voice command response time is slow....but after experience with other manufactures voice systems over the years, I am very happy that the responses are accurate!
That's good to know. I would rather have accuracy any day.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
Just picked it up today from the dealership. Ordered it 2 weeks ago and happened to have one in-transit that exactly fit my specs. It is GORGEOUS. I made sure to drive it on the freeway for 10 miles at 70-80 mph to make sure there is no vibration of any kind. The car had 5 miles on it when I picked it up. The transmission upshift from 1 to 2 gear was quite rough for the first mile or so of stop-and-go. But then it settled down and is buttery-smooth. The CUE was quite responsive to touch inputs, but the voice commands are slow to respond. So far I am very happy.

View attachment 284361
View attachment 284369
Congratulations :) Looks awesome.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
congratulations.

GOOD LUCK WITH IT!

You will love this car.
Especially if you get one that does not have the vibration problem.

In the last 8 months there were very few 2015's on the road and only a few in dealers, now they are showing up all over.

We have 1100 miles in 4 weeks. Everything is first class. You can put the Navigation in anyone of 5 different positions.
The HUD is super.

A very minor problem yesterday where the doors would not lock and gave me a double Chirp.
I read the manual twice but did not find out what the car was trying to tell me.
I went around and open and re-closed each door.
i the key fob wa sin my pocket. my wife took her's with her in her handbag.

I called On*. they did not know.
They contacted the CUE entertainment group. They did not know.
they then called my dealer. Who of course did not know. but he said he would have a technician go over everything.
I said if it occurs again I would let them know.

Then I remembered what we used to do with electronics that were acting up.
RESET IT.
I started the car and shut it down and then left the car and it locked.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
zerdian1 said:
congratulations. GOOD LUCK WITH IT! You will love this car. Especially if you get one that does not have the vibration problem. In the last 8 months there were very few 2015's on the road and only a few in dealers, now they are showing up all over. We have 1100 miles in 4 weeks. Everything is first class. You can put the Navigation in anyone of 5 different positions. The HUD is super. A very minor problem yesterday where the doors would not lock and gave me a double Chirp. I read the manual twice but did not find out what the car was trying to tell me. I went around and open and re-closed each door. i the key fob wa sin my pocket. my wife took her's with her in her handbag. I called On*. they did not know. They contacted the CUE entertainment group. They did not know. they then called my dealer. Who of course did not know. but he said he would have a technician go over everything. I said if it occurs again I would let them know. Then I remembered what we used to do with electronics that were acting up. RESET IT. I started the car and shut it down and then left the car and it locked.
It's in the cue settings. It is an antilock out feature. Your wife's key must have been recognized to be inside.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
congratulations.

GOOD LUCK WITH IT!

You will love this car.
Especially if you get one that does not have the vibration problem.

In the last 8 months there were very few 2015's on the road and only a few in dealers, now they are showing up all over.

We have 1100 miles in 4 weeks. Everything is first class. You can put the Navigation in anyone of 5 different positions.
The HUD is super.

A very minor problem yesterday where the doors would not lock and gave me a double Chirp.
I read the manual twice but did not find out what the car was trying to tell me.
I went around and open and re-closed each door.
i the key fob wa sin my pocket. my wife took her's with her in her handbag.

I called On*. they did not know.
They contacted the CUE entertainment group. They did not know.
they then called my dealer. Who of course did not know. but he said he would have a technician go over everything.
I said if it occurs again I would let them know.

Then I remembered what we used to do with electronics that were acting up.
RESET IT.
I started the car and shut it down and then left the car and it locked.

..and there was an old adage that said .."take any new electronics and run it hard...after 24hrs of total run time, if it is going to fail, it probably will within that time frame" ...given that, I have been running "exercising" my systems as hard as I can.....the OnStar did fail and took with the Nav system. First repair attempt will be on Thursday.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
the double chirp is the anti lockout feature.
my wife's keyfob was with her in her handbag in the store.

i wasted 20 or so minutes (with reading the owners manual, On*, CUE and my dealer) before I restarted and shut the engine down again.
it locked the second time.
my wife was still in the store with her keyfob.

It's in the cue settings. It is an antilock out feature. Your wife's key must have been recognized to be inside.
----------

I did the infant mortality testing for about 20 hours where I ran everything I could.
so far my systems have run over 100 hours.
this is an intermittent failure, not a repetitive one.

what may have been in the car was my Mercedes wireless Keyfob.
but that was also in the car, if it was in at all, when i restarted and shut the engine down and locked the doors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One question about the CUE system:
It keeps telling me the CUE is in "demonstration mode". Don't know how to turn that announcement off when I start the vehicle. Any advice?

We have almost 200 miles on the escalade after driving to our weekend getaway. Very quiet, no road noise other than a little bit of wind buffeting around the A pillar. Very impressed with the 22-inch tires' ride quality. Good job Cadillac! I would say this ride feels slightly better insulated than the 2014 Range Rover long wheel base with 21-inch wheels. Even though it doesn't handle speed bumps or other low-speed irregularities as well, but in terms of noise, this is definitely in the running for the top-dog luxury truck title.
The adaptive cruise functions very well. Easily as useful and confidence-inspiring as the system in our BMW. The acceleration, decel, and distance maintenance is smooth, and lane-departure warning doesn't feel overly intrusive (too many early warnings). By comparison, the adaptive cruise system in the Range Rover needs some fine-tuning.
The speed-limit sign in the HUD is not based on a camera reading the actual signs (as in the BMW or Range Rover). It operates on information provided through the navigation data. So don't trust it implicitly. After a while, I just turned it off from the HUD display.
That's all the things I can think of for now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jeiler9865 said:
Is it the Onstar welcome with the 4G lte message?
Yes. The voice says "this vehicle is in demonstration mode. Please click the On* button..."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jspn01 said:
Your OnStar is not fully set up and configured. The dealer should have done this at delivery.
Thanks for the information. At the time of delivery I talked to the On* person to set up account and added emergency minutes. I will call my sales person and find out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On* "demonstration mode" message is over, thanks to the operator at On* deleting it remotely.
I tried the SMS application with my iPhone 6, works well when incoming text is detected, and CUE read the text to me. But I can't reply on CUE. ???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts