Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to topple 500 RWT and 490 RWHP - but this will do.....for now.

Before anybody jumps in on the tune, this one was done by my mentor. Full Speed Density, no MAF.

Looks like my next mods will be more cam and a set of the new ETP heads (saw them today and they are works of art)

Enjoy the graph...Elridge:kick:

*** ELRIDGES DYNO OF HIS MAGGIE ***

·
0 Posts
Maybe Stealth could have one of his maggie guys post up their dyno??????

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Your kung-fu is good. I'm curious as to why there is a dip in the curve just before 3Krpm, can that be tuned out? Also, how'd the torque get so f'ing high, most times I see HP beating Tq numbers? I autox, so torque is king, hows that happen?
Thanks,
ace

·
0 Posts
CadV said:
Here is lawfives dyno scan with StealthPower tun;
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8567&d=1112550403

I think he has the best numbers granted he has Maggie | Stealth Tune | Corsa | Volant CAI

494tq is the best I have seen on a Maggie + tun only V. CAI and exhaust, headers etc would put you over 500 easy.
Best numbers compared to who? 482/452 vs. 470/492. I'll take 40 TQ over 12 hp anyday. I thought Lawfive said he did not have Stealths WOT tune.....

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Elridge said:
I was hoping to topple 500 RWT and 490 RWHP - but this will do.....for now.

Before anybody jumps in on the tune, this one was done by my mentor. Full Speed Density, no MAF.

Looks like my next mods will be more cam and a set of the new ETP heads (saw them today and they are works of art)

Enjoy the graph...Elridge:kick:

*** ELRIDGES DYNO OF HIS MAGGIE ***
Those numbers are pretty freaking good. You should sound happier than you do.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Eldrige,
Looking at your fuel ratios, I wonder if you have them optimized? My understanding is that for maximum power on a Gen III motor you should be seeking around 12.8-13.0.

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
CadV said:
Here is lawfives dyno scan with StealthPower tun;
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8567&d=1112550403

I think he has the best numbers granted he has Maggie | Stealth Tune | Corsa | Volant CAI

494tq is the best I have seen on a Maggie + tun only V. CAI and exhaust, headers etc would put you over 500 easy.
CadV, that's an OLD chart of the best run on a mustang dyno after the Magnuson R&D guy tuned my car. I haven't dyno'd the car since then.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ace996 said:
Your kung-fu is good. I'm curious as to why there is a dip in the curve just before 3Krpm, can that be tuned out? Also, how'd the torque get so f'ing high, most times I see HP beating Tq numbers? I autox, so torque is king, hows that happen?
Thanks,
ace
Ace, that dip is due to the way the dyno operator rolled into the throttle and engaged the recorder.

thanks,

Elridge :kick:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lawfive said:
CadV, that's an OLD chart of the best run on a mustang dyno after the Magnuson R&D guy tuned my car. I haven't dyno'd the car since then.
Mustang dyno's report much higher numbers than a DynoJet. Get your car dyno'd on a DynoJet......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rey said:
Eldrige,
Looking at your fuel ratios, I wonder if you have them optimized? My understanding is that for maximum power on a Gen III motor you should be seeking around 12.8-13.0.
Rey,

OptimumA/F on a FI motor is lower, 11.5 - 12.2.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
10secvette said:
Maybe Stealth could have one of his maggie guys post up their dyno??????

I saw one and it wasn't pretty. :shocked2:

I don't know who the owner is, but he's in SoCal and I hope he visits here and posts it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
willsctsv said:
Dynojet #'s are higher than mustang dyno #'s you have it backwards.
Mustang dyno's load the car.
No, you are wrong. :kick:

But when you want a woody concerning power and torque, find a Mustang dyno.

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Elridge said:
Mustang dyno's report much higher numbers than a DynoJet. Get your car dyno'd on a DynoJet......

Dude,

Mustang dynos can be set up in a number of ways. Magnuson's Mustang was set up to give Dynojet numbers, which is good because my baseline runs were done on a Dynojet.

I'm definitely no expert, but you are the first I've heard say that Mustangs read higher than Dynojet. Everyone else says Mustangs normally read lower. I don't know which is true.

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Elridge said:
.But when you want a woody concerning power and torque, find a Mustang dyno..
... and THAT'S what everyone else says about Dynojet numbers.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts