Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS V8, 1998 Seville STS, 2006 STS-V Black Raven.
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've got both at the same time. The car shifts way better and way stronger. In third to forth it basically throws you forward. The engine tune I got brought up the rev limit/ I have switched back and forth to see the difference and what I have noticed so far is between 90-95 mph it lags just a bit. I can tell a difference per say it is kind of hard to explain. So far I'm extremely happy with the tune I know most of you have looked at it I just had an extra 600$ laying around and said what the heck. I have an exhaust on my car and decided to take off the rev limit in park and N. sounds badass when your caddie sounds like a beast and everyone looks around and sees its your caddie :)

I've been busy but soon Im going to post vids I have a 1 mile straight by my house in the country just give me time. Any questions just pm me...
Madtuner sent out the cable and instructions right away and every time i call he answers. Very good customer service I think my 600$ have been well spent. 1badsts let me know what your doing with your shift points Id like to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
You gonna tune the 98 STS too if madtuner can do it?

Can you mod the shifting in different ways for normal and sport mode?
Basically make normal mode econo oriented and sport mode super aggressive...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the 98 is in seattle i live in ga now, yes in sport mode it is super aggressive and in drive mode its a little less but I tell you it feels like your launched forward out of third now instead of the lag that we all well know. Just tell madtuner the % you want in each mode and he makes it happen

----------

now sport mode is 4.......not manual shift...

----------

this is my setup email per mad tuner

Mark,

See attached for your tune file. You can open it from the file menu and the car has to be in "RUN" position before you do this. Once you open it, it will ask you if you want to do the custom tune or stock tune for each module. You can just select Custom Calibration A for both ECM and TCM to install the custom tuning.

The program will then begin to write the custom tunes to your module. It will take about 5 minutes for everything, so make sure you have a good charge on the laptop and that you don't interrupt the process.

Once it's done programming both modules, it will tell you that programming is complete. Switch off the ignition then for 30 seconds and then try to start the car. One thing I should say about these cars is that every once in a blue moon, the ECM will not wake up after being flashed (by the dealer or by my software), so the car will not let you start it. If that happens, all you have to do is pull the ECM fuse for a couple of seconds from the fusebox under the hood on the passenger side and you'll be all set.

If you ever need to go back to stock, you can do the same thing and select the stock tune for both computers when asked before you program it. You can also do these one at a time if you want.

As for the tuning, I adjusted everything you requested. There is about 25% firmness added to normal shifting mode and 40% added to sport mode (not manual). The shift points at full throttle are a bit higher as well.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
2008 sts-v black raven 2004 cts black raven
468 Posts
Hold up you live in georgia? I cant have a sts making more noise than me lol, but we oughta have a sts meet, guy on base has a 09 sts v modded and 2002 aurora with mods. I like a tune but really wish I could get it customed, maybe I'll take a drive up to him whenever they furlough us

·
Registered
2005 STS V8 AWD
22 Posts
Dumb question here...what is sport mode?
I have seen touring and performance for my ride settings, M1-M5 for manual shifting.
Is this using just the 4 on the PRNDL? Does that use different timing curves and shift points vs "D" drive?
When I'm done building my other engines I plan on getting in touch with MadTuner.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,478 Posts
Sport mode is engaged by just moving the shifter over to the right, "sD" is displayed on the DIC.

Yes, it has different shift points, it holds gears longer through corners, shifts firmer, learns your driving style real quick...

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
On my car it doesn't make much difference. The jury is still out on my wife's car; it's got the 6-speed.

The CTS bunch report Sport Mode like it's a different transmission.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,478 Posts
EChas3 said:
The CTS bunch report Sport Mode like it's a different transmission.
Having owned one I'd agree, it behaved much differently.

The STS still seems to shift firmer and does hold them longer when in sD mode.

·
Registered
2005 STS4 V8 F55 1SG White Diamond Tricoat w/ Ebony Int
20 Posts
When in S mode, my car feels like it has a different transmission for sure. An obvious difference. I like the way it shifts much better in S.

·
Registered
468 Posts
My sport mode shifts way before redlining and reduces trq, so thats why i use it in the rain. But when its in manual mode it wakes the car up. But since its so loud in manual mode it really sounds like its a stick. Buddy with the V was like wtf kinda exhaust you got, he thought his gibson was loud. But x pipe no cats and just some spiralflows make a 32v sound like a pissed offed cobra

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
My sport mode shifts way before redlining and reduces trq, so thats why i use it in the rain. But when its in manual mode it wakes the car up. But since its so loud in manual mode it really sounds like its a stick. Buddy with the V was like wtf kinda exhaust you got, he thought his gibson was loud. But x pipe no cats and just some spiralflows make a 32v sound like a pissed offed cobra
Yeah I actually used sport mode almost exclusively this winter and it seemed to do better than non sport mode in the snow.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah I actually used sport mode almost exclusively this winter and it seemed to do better than non sport mode in the snow.
cts has the winter button but sucked driving in the snow. sts did just fine. but oen diff vs limited slip is probally why

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you live in ga contact me 423-429-7002
I live in middle ga, Forsyth.....I think i got one of the loudest sts no v. 3 inch straight pipe, deleted cats, volant intake, mad tuner, Flowmaster 40 series moving to glass packs soon and cutouts. Every head turns, Is that a cadillac? dang skippy slick. Only car that has beat me is a 2011 5.0 boss 302 intake and shelby intake and exhaust. that car is fast. It can take a V any day. Best part, guy lost it due to 500$ payments and lost his job. Now he drives a Bmw 330. Hehe. He won't run me anymore. Not condoning or saying that it was street racing.

·
Registered
2005 STS 4.6ltr 1SE
34 Posts
You ever been dynoed? Or the drag strip? Just curious on times and power these cars are capable of. Whats the final drive? And lastly lol, so you have a YouTube channel?

·
Registered
2005 STS N*, 1SF, 144K mi.
650 Posts
BTW, I've been working with Madtuner on my N* '05, and I had him crank both transmission and torque converter locking speed/firmness to the maximum.

He said the numbers he sees are faster than that of an LT1 trans.

It's very un-Cadillac like, but I very much like it. I keep my trans in "M" most of the time, because, for fuel economy, I want top gear as early as possible.

He also made it so downshifts in "M" don't happen automatically...and that idea right there bugs me like you would not believe...until the accelerator is at 90% or more.

There is one freeway on-ramp leaving work for which I should manually shift to 3rd, but I forget most days. That's user error on my part, however.

My ultimate goal was to have the converter lock on the 2-3 shift, and stay locked, period, but the converter itself is designed (!!!!!!) to have a certain amount of slip all the time.

Cadillac...that's just wrong.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
He also made it so downshifts in "M" don't happen automatically...and that idea right there bugs me like you would not believe...until the accelerator is at 90% or more.

The 5 speed tranny in manual mode doesn't downshift when coming to a stop automatically that's only the 6 speed.

I have never heard of a 5 speed auto downshifting in Manual mode...?!

·
Registered
2008 STS V8
17 Posts

The 5 speed tranny in manual mode doesn't downshift when coming to a stop automatically that's only the 6 speed.

I have never heard of a 5 speed auto downshifting in Manual mode...?!
I don't like the auto downshift either. I've gone to downshift at the same time it auto'd and gone down two gears because of it. It would be nice to get rid of that feature.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts