Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got the car, the guy said he never really used the keyless entry. I began to use it and it worked fine; it just didnt work far away. A few days later, it stopped working, so I figured the battery died. I replaced them both, making sure they were in the right way, and it still doesnt work. Whats going on; it just worked last week!! Its the older square one, from my 92. I really like the option; its very usefull when the car is all snowy

·
Registered
520 Posts
RAMAIR57 said:
When I got the car, the guy said he never really used the keyless entry. I began to use it and it worked fine; it just didnt work far away. A few days later, it stopped working, so I figured the battery died. I replaced them both, making sure they were in the right way, and it still doesnt work. Whats going on; it just worked last week!! Its the older square one, from my 92. I really like the option; its very usefull when the car is all snowy
It may have been a dead battery like you thought. But now you might have to go through the procedure to reprogram the remote. Go up to search and you'll find threads with links to the procedure. Sorry, but I don't remember how to do it.
Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't have to reprogram when I replaced the batteries in mine. When mine stopped working I found a small resistor with 2 prongs soldered to the board...one of the prongs had broken loose. Resoldered and works like new again.

Paul

·
Registered
520 Posts
PDBDeville said:
I didn't have to reprogram when I replaced the batteries in mine. When mine stopped working I found a small resistor with 2 prongs soldered to the board...one of the prongs had broken loose. Resoldered and works like new again.

Paul
That's a strong possibility too. No matter how they try to isolate the buttons, every time you push one you flex the board. It's at least worth looking at.
Bob

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
well.....I bought my 98 deville and the remote wasnt working.
Pressing both button together to resynchronise (as explained in the little owners manual that came with the car) didn't do it either.
Paid the dealer half hour labor to have them reprogram it.
There's a way to do it using the ODB interface....dunno the procedure though.....its listed in the Factory Service Manual for your year car from GM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts