Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My headlights won't turn off

Tags
computer
16K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Marcellus B. 
#1 ·
I'm getting code B2556H. Its for interior lamp from what I've read, but my headlights seem to be the issue. Even when the car is off, lamp switch is in auto or off, and its locked, twilight timer = 0, and still won't shut off. I'm guessing fuse? I'll be checking the fuses in a minute here.

#3 ·
Its definitely the parking lights. However, I removed all the fuses, they were all good... put them back and nothing.
Taillights, side marker lights, triangle and headlights all stay on. Trying to change 'em from the stick won't change.

#4 ·
You didn't mentioned if you check the relays. And since you are saying that the parking lights and the headlights are stuck on. It maybe a computer issue here. Quick question, does the "dummy bong" come on when you open the door as if you left the light switch in the on position? No matter if it does or not, I want you to test this out. First leave it in the Auto, open the door does it sound? Then try each other position, does it sound at any other or all?

KOT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.