Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a whole series of electrical issues... First my front windows won't roll down... I bought new window switches still don't work... Then my cluster goes out... I've sent that out to repair and now my headlights stay on... Draining the battery... Before this if I don't turn the truck on for more than two day the battery is dead (probably alternator) but what's going on with the headlights???

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it... I've had the problem with the windows I bought the vehicle over a year ago... The headlight situation just happened the other day... They just won't turn off I need to carry my battery jumper with me everywhere I go now

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
the cadillac man said:
I would think a bad bcm or ground for it Is anything else besides the windows and lights that ain't working right?
Where is the BCM located? Under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
^ he beat me to it
Anyway you will need to remove a few parts in order to get to it
First is the dash bezel
Second is the knee bolster
The dash bezel is held in place by clips and is easy to pop out.

First you have to put the truck in 1st while holding the brakes(setting the park brake will help),
Start at the lower right corner and gently pull away from the dash while exercising care around the cluster and steering column.
The knee bolster is held in place by screws and is also easy to remove after removing the screws

1 - 6 of 6 Posts