Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that on my 92 deville, there is a cadillac emblem on the center of the grille, in addition to a hood ornament. Is this standard equipment, or is it something custom - it looks very stock. Anyone know about this; it looks nice and I havent seen it on any other Caddy?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I wonder why mine has both; Im pretty sure its not a touring sedan. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Touring sedans had different door handles then the normal chrome ones and are painted.

My guess would be that the old grille got broken somehow and that's what they found as a replacement or that someone else who owned it saw that grille and liked it better.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
ooo, that would be just what i would need for my DTC project. If i still do it.

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
The grill on the Touring Sedan and regular Deville are pretty much the same, just that the touring model had some of the crosshatches black, while the regular Deville was all chrome. The emblem just slaps right on, so the last owner may have just added it.

Devillish, the grill is different on yours, so the emblem might not fit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Check Out My Grille.......

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
yeah i know.....but, i need basicly a new front end to fix the body damage wonder how hard it would be to put like a 91 92 93 hood/grill on.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
156MPH said:
Check Out My Grille.......
did u add a nightvision system to your car? or do you just like the look of that specific grill?

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
Caddy Man said:
did u add a nightvision system to your car? or do you just like the look of that specific grill?
Nightvision wasn't out yet for that style. I think that circle is just where the emblem use to be.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
devillish

you need to come out to land o lakes , there is a touring coupe de ville in the yard up the street with no body damage , even has a facory wing on the trunklid , might be able to help you out getting the parts im freinds with the owner

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
factory wing???? i gota see this. could you snap some pics for me maybe? What year is it?

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
Touring Coupes were made in '86 and '87, and had a small decklid spoiler.

Post some pics cause they're pretty damn rare!

·
Registered
206 Posts
just liked the look of the grille...trimmed out the emblem. I GET TO DRIVE FAST EVERYNIGHT.....LEGALLY

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
i sure will , i think it runs too , you should buy it and get rid of the KIA killer

ill go out there saturday , it had flush headlights, no plastic body cladding and was black in color ,and i belive it had a airbag, and the body panels are perfect outside the paint im sure its parts would fit yours , get the decklid quarter panels and all that other stuff and have macco or econo paint it for 150 bucks

let me know if you are interested ill try to talk him into keeping it out of the crusher , but its been there for awhile (6 mos at least) but it is mostly

maybe this weekends meet should be at the junkyard to pull parts off the rare deville for devillish

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
yeah try to keep it from being crushed If i dont work this weekend that could be a good plain, although i wont have any cash to spend on me, gota get stuff for others first, damn x-mass. Fine out how much he'll sell the whole thing for, or atleast the spoiler. I would really hate to see it get crushed, and if i still have the kia killer and i get the touring coupe, i'll just take the 4.5 outa the killa, its only got 61k miles on it.

oh and if hes thinking of crushing it, he'd only get what like, maybe 50 bucks, i'll give him like 100 or 200 to take it off his hands. Must save touring coupe, it will be the caddy christmass merical!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts