Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
06 Raven CTS-V No CAGS & UUC Shifter/Bushings
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the summer, every Saturday my friends and I go motorcycle riding for about 4-6 hours. Never any passengers ... just cruising around north of the city relaxing

After the ride we go for a few beers and they started making the comment that I must be one of the few people whose bike is slower than their car ... never thoguht of it that way, but I have a fast car that I like to race around in and a bike that I use to go for a leisurly ride

My current bike is a Suzuki M50 (800cc cruiser) ... and I really enjoy riding it, but I can't remember the last time I took the bike over 100 km/h ... on the other hand, my V feels best when I am above 130km/h ... heh

This will be the last summer that my bike will be faster than my car though because this weekend I put a deposit on a Harley Night Rod Special ... being in the V-Rod family, I guess I'll be the proud owner of two V branded vehicles ... heh

Anyone else ride? Just curious what other V owners would ride on the side

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Sounds like a bad ass bike...heh

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
I got the motorcycle stuff out of my system (for the time being)

Last bike I had was a BMW (no flame) K100rs.

Hauled ass.

Harley before that, and it was more comfortable, but too bad it was designed in the early 20th century (almost had another Harley guy punch me :want:for that comment, long story....).

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I got the motorcycle stuff out of my system (for the time being)

Last bike I had was a BMW (no flame) K100rs.

Hauled ass.

Harley before that, and it was more comfortable, but too bad it was designed in the early 20th century (almost had another Harley guy punch me :want:for that comment, long story....).
If you want to make friends with some mean looking Harley guys, ask the if their bikes are hot. Then smile and tell them to _iss on the bikes. You might make a friend for life

Where do we send the flowers?

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Rode Harleys since I was 16....owned a half dozen of em....grew up and realized that Harley sells an image, and their bikes are shit. Not much has changed in the last 50 years (other than the VSCR family). Still an air cooled 2 banger....my riding mower is nearly as powerful.

Currently rides:

07 BMW K1200GT
05 BMW K1200LT

Great bikes, awesome performance and my ears dont hurt after every ride. All my HD buddies laugh at my BMW's.....then they try to keep up.....they stopped laughing.

F

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Story:

I was wearing my Harley T shirt and some redneck, cracker, drunk/ahole asks me if I have a bike to back up the shirt.

I told him I did but decided to get rid of it and buy something designed in the 20th century.

He starts to get off his bar stool and a friend of his grabbed him.:thehand:

Moron

Funny thing was it (the story) and the reason are both true.

Guess that also explains why I went from a 1984 Mercedes 300td wagon (the leading bio-diesel want list car now GD it) to a CTS-V.

There was a side trip with a Mercedes E320 but it was brief so I don't count that.

Technology reigns :worship:

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,706 Posts
Story:

I was wearing my Harley T shirt and some redneck, cracker, drunk/ahole asks me if I have a bike to back up the shirt.

I told him I did but decided to get rid of it and buy something designed in the 20th century.

You know the diffference between a Harley and Hoover? Position of the "dirt bag".

Kaw Concours then a Ducati ST4. Acutally all the guys at work ride HD. Motorcylcist is one tight knit group regardless what you ride.

Norm

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V (sold)
133 Posts
Honda ST1100 and a Honda CB1100F.

Remodeling the house and now, this car, have really cut in to my bike time. Not many miles the last couple seasons. It's really criminal considering that I live within sight of the Smoky Mountains (Deal's Gap-Tail of the Dragon, Cherhola Skyway).

Maybe next year.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I know I don't really have a V, but I work on them for you guys so I guess I'll chime in. :D

My 2000 R6 is substantially faster than my Trailblazer since it weighs in about 3,500 pounds less and has about 1/3rd the horsepower.
I have gone faster on my bike than I have in any car, including the Z06's I used to road test ;)

I think Harleys are cool, but they are severely antiquated, I am tired of listening to every squid that thinks they have to rev their 100 year old airplane engine missing 3 cyilnders at every stoplight after they take all the baffles out of the exhaust.
The type of riding I like to do requires a precision performance machine, if Harley made one I might consider buying it.

I still respect the fact that they are fellow bikers and I always wave or join in for a good ride. I respect anyone on a bike, until they show their true colors and I decide they don't deserve any. To be honest on the rides I go on I am usually the only guy on a jap bike in a group of Harleys and we all have a great time.

I used to ride a hundred miles a day, now I am lucky to ride that in a year. :*(

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
I don't have a V yet but a reserve bid on ebay on my existing car has insured one in my near future.

I ride a Harley 05 Dyna Sport. I dont ride for speed. I dont ride to "precision" lol. I ride for fun. The Harley thing is something you have in your blood or not. It is not an image as some of you have mistakenly pointed out...it is a passion. We are a family. [/end Harley commercial]:)

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
90 Posts
Dont have a bike any more but had a Suzuki Katana 750, and like most, ive been faster in my V than i did on the bike, just wanted it for cruising around and enjoying the ride,,,

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Humanoid, it is easy to judge what we don't undrerstand.
I agree it is a matter of taste, you either "get it" or you don't.
As I mentioned, I wouldn't mind having one... but I really wish they would make a bike that was more modern... even if it is chromed out and noisy.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I don't have a V yet but a reserve bid on ebay on my existing car has insured one in my near future.

I ride a Harley 05 Dyna Sport. I dont ride for speed. I dont ride to "precision" lol. I ride for fun. The Harley thing is something you have in your blood or not. It is not an image as some of you have mistakenly pointed out...it is a passion. We are a family. [/end Harley commercial]:)
get your head out of your ass....If you wanted to ride for "fun" you wouldnt have spent 15K or more on an HD. You can get the same "fun" riding a Honda 50. "Its in your blood"..thats comical...I guess I got a transfusion after 24 years on HD....
Its ALL image w/HD. You just need to put the Kool-Aid down....

Great first post in a V room.....Laughable.

F

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
The area I live in is a mix of retired folks and Doctors who are getting really rich off of them.

Every year Leesburg has a "Bike Fest", and I die laughing at all the pudgy Doctors and Octogenarians riding around their freshly dusted off Harleys like they're Hell's Angels. They're all wearing brand new Harley shirts and skull caps, and they get this "tough guy" sneer on their faces while sitting at stoplights. It's a riot.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
The area I live in is a mix of retired folks and Doctors who are getting really rich off of them.

Every year Leesburg has a "Bike Fest", and I die laughing at all the pudgy Doctors and Octogenarians riding around their freshly dusted off Harleys like they're Hell's Angels. They're all wearing brand new Harley shirts and skull caps, and they get this "tough guy" sneer on their faces while sitting at stoplights. It's a riot.
Its amusing seeing accountants and lawyers getting all 'bad' on the weekends. I ride rain or shine....no biggie. Soon as the rain comes down...all the HD guys bail for garages or underpasses. Its too funny. Apparantly water makes HDs melt or somesuch.
Looking for a good deal???? Check your local paper for low mileage HDs, TONS of em.

F

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Growing up in L.A. there were two choices...Either you surfed or you raced dirt bikes...I did both.

Never owned a street machine but several dirt bikes - most recently a Kawasaki 250 ala old school Ricky Carmichael.

Wife and I started having kids and some toys started going away but certainly not forgotten. Boat/custom dual salt & lake flats style with an open deck on both ends for hardcore fly fishing trips plus the bikes...

Too many nuts out there driving V's:eek: on the road to be safe with a streety...What's this world coming to?:alchi::) I'm staying on the soft stuff for now...

edit - custom Jesse James or nothing...

Chef

1 - 20 of 105 Posts