Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my friend's '62 Lincoln continental.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
My grandpa had one like that...... I dont remember the color, but I loved the suicide doors.......

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hellz yeah. In Marilyn Manson's video, "coma white" he impersonates kennedy in that lincoln limo and it's from when he kennedy gets shot. It's actually a really cool video.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Your 16, drive a '70 Sedan DeVille, your friend drives a '62 continental...... I would personally take the Caddy over the Lincoln (I persoanlly don't like the styling of the '62) but that is just too cool....

.....at my school, the only older car that a kid drives is someone with and early 80's 'Vette...... even at that, it is his fathers :rolleyes:

actually these older cars can be alot more cheaper and trouble free to run then newer ones, but newer car= more options ande generally better interrior, not to say I woudln't love to drive around in an old DeVille, that would be great.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Id like to have a normal car, and then an older one when extreme pimpage is needed!!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Because they open backwards, and I guess if you tried to open them while driving you could kill yourself......

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elwesso said:
Because they open backwards, and I guess if you tried to open them while driving you could kill yourself......
"could"? let me correct on that. They open backwards so that if you open it while driving, the wind will catch it, and it will rip off the heavy door and whoever opened it will go with it. It's like a refridgerator with two vertical doors, where they both open from the middle.

or as my friend says "because if you open them while going fast both the door and you end up somewhere on the highway, so opening it while going fast is suicide"

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
btw, my friend got his car when he was 17. It used to be so many differen't colors, mostly white primer, some gray, black, differen't shade of gray. I remember I used to help him work on it everyday this one summer. That's how I learned about cars. He's now 19.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Most cars today have little or no style.

I salute you and your friend for daring to say that THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Elvis