Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very happy with the car, but I noticed something. When Im turning and giving it some gas at the same time (like an on or off ramp on the thruway), the car will chug-a-lug and hesitate, and than finally go when I straighten out. What could this be? Perhaps its related to another problem Im having; when I give it some throttle from a stop, the car takes a second to respond; itll chug for a milisecond and than go. Any ideas; I want to fix this!.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
RAMAIR57 said:
Very happy with the car, but I noticed something. When Im turning and giving it some gas at the same time (like an on or off ramp on the thruway), the car will chug-a-lug and hesitate, and than finally go when I straighten out. What could this be? Perhaps its related to another problem Im having; when I give it some throttle from a stop, the car takes a second to respond; itll chug for a milisecond and than go. Any ideas; I want to fix this!.
Hey, sounds familiar...I just posted a long thread with a similar prob.
Not sure if we have the same problem, but thats kinda how it started. a hesitation at low revs.....kinda hickups at roll out or during parts of the acccelartion as if its not getting spark or gas or something.....then the Servcice Engine Light came on....then its started shuddering at low speeds like it was misfiring a cylinder.....and here I am posting a HELP message on the Forum. Lets hope we get some info before we hit the mechanic.....good luck

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
This problem is common with all the pre 93 eldo/seville/deville...... The problem is that the tank has a goofy design (couldnt tell you what) and the gas sloshes around and the pump doesnt pick up fuel... There is an updated tank that fixes this....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, well that would explain why it does that when turning! I take it that it should only do that with lower fuel levels. However, what about the slight hesitation from a stop; that doesnt sound like that would cause this!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
It will do it at lower lower fuel levels.... Most members say its worse when its like at 1/4 or lower...

That could be the pump.... Usually you want to replace the tank and pump...

Just as a side note, you dont want to run the tank low..... The fuel pump is cooled by the gas (as its submerged in it) and when it gets low, the pump gets hot and fails early....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts