Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
White Diamond CTS 2009
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I took my car for first service 10,000k, i dropped the car and received it back at the end of the day before they close. While driving I noticed driver screen for A/C is faded, at first I though because of protection layer might not be fitted properly. I removed it to replace it but unfortunately it was faded, maybe because somebody pressed hard on it on the workshop :hmm:

I went to dealership next day and reported the issue, they agreed to replace it for me free of charge. He informed they will need to remove both sides as it doesn't come in 1 piece in the box.

Attachments

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the plastic film still on that display? That is supposed to be taken off at the time of delivery, sort of like the clear cling film that comes on a new watch- it's just there to protect the screen during assembly transportation.

·
Registered
White Diamond CTS 2009
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the plastic film still on that display? That is supposed to be taken off at the time of delivery, sort of like the clear cling film that comes on a new watch- it's just there to protect the screen during assembly transportation.
Yes it's the plastic, I prefer to keep it on..the same on touch screen. It will keep it clean and protect it from scratch....

·
Registered
2009 CTS
18 Posts
Yes it's the plastic, I prefer to keep it on..the same on touch screen. It will keep it clean and protect it from scratch....
... and look like total crap. It's not meant to stay on there. Please take it off. Don't make me come over there....

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
It looks like the problem is the difference of where the clear plastic is clinging and where it is not. I would take the plastic off, if for no other reason then to see if that is the culprit. Then you can put the plastic back on.

·
Registered
White Diamond CTS 2009
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like the problem is the difference of where the clear plastic is clinging and where it is not. I would take the plastic off, if for no other reason then to see if that is the culprit. Then you can put the plastic back on.
I already removed the plastic when I noticed it faded. Without plastic looks the same..faded. I have doubt someone removed the plastic when he tried to replace..he pressed hard on it to stick but unfortunately he screwed up the screen :thepan:

I'll make sure when they replace it with new one I remove the plastic...

·
Registered
CTS '08
215 Posts
I understand to each his own...And I could kinda see wanting protection on the touchscreen (though its only my fingers touching it...not like it is in my pocket with my keys)...

But when do you ever touch that screen that indicates temp? Not sure whats in you car but the odds of it getting scratched are extremly remote.

Again, though, to each his own. You paid for the car and can do whatever.

It is possible, keep in mind, that plastic on the little screen could be affecting the heat dissipation and may be the culprit for your screen issues. Unlikely, yes. But so is it getting scratched.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts