Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'll just cut to the chase I haven't had anything worthy of posting a kill for awhile until yesterday. I ran accross a 98+ Camaro and I will admit he ate me up pretty well, I faired a little better up in the high speeds 80+ but still loosing a good 3 to 4 cars on him. We exited together and he was quite the cocky SOB, I said "thats a mean LS1 you got their" he replied with "I wasn't even down shifting" even though I could cleary hear his monster roaring on downshifts. Yet the race wasn't the interesting part he said he use to have a 96 STS with a supercharger which I figured B.S. but he said he ran his best time of 12.3 in it. Then he proceeded to claim his LS1 pulled 11.8, yet from a dead stop he could only pulled a 1 1/2 through 2nd on me, and it just didn't seem strong enough for a 11 sec car. I figure he was just talking but that would be nice the 12.3 of course. It felt good to finally get my ass handed to me hasn't happen for awhile, this also brought to my attention that after the Intake and Exhaust the torque steer is a great bitch to control, the tires give off a mean bark going into 2nd gear though.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Time for the little blue bottle :D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
So you beat 2 Evo's form a roll but get messed up by a Camaro? :confused:
You took the words out of my mouth. :annoyed:

Plus, what's up with this statement?
"It felt good to finally get my ass handed to me hasn't happen for awhile...."

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
It sounds to me like he's just got a stock or nearly stock '98 Z28.. That's about how the race should have went..

So you did intake and exhaust on your STS and you feel a big difference?

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
It sounds to me like he's just got a stock or nearly stock '98 Z28.. That's about how the race should have went..

So you did intake and exhaust on your STS and you feel a big difference?
*PSST*Sal......So far everyone who has posted on here has either had an ETC, Fleetwood, or Spec V. Sorry no STS's here....I didn't want to say anything. But I didn't want you to embarass yourself in front of the others ;)

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Sal.....stop chatting with MaryJane. Remember.....puff puff pass. J/K lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey, lay off the poor guy. STS, ETC... I see how he can make the mistake.... ;)

Besides.. I'm high, right now. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Infamous Lac said:
It felt good to finally get my ass handed to me hasn't happen for awhile.

He gets it handed to him every time he claims that he did the impossible in his ETC......( which is often! ) :histeric:

·
Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BlackoutSpecV said:
So you beat 2 Evo's form a roll but get messed up by a Camaro? :confused:
I don't know if you are aware how much faster a LS1 Camaro is than a 4G63 EVO on the roll, LS1's run low 13's and in rare cases high 12's stock and that is with traction being an issue. A EVO will belt out a mid to low 13's with traction not even being a concern. So the stronger Camaro will really move at speed, not to mention this was a claimed 11.8 sec LS1 and two stock Evo's.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Infamous Lac said:
I don't know if you are aware how much faster a LS1 Camaro is than a 4G63 EVO on the roll, LS1's run low 13's and in rare cases high 12's stock and that is with traction being an issue. A EVO will belt out a mid to low 13's with traction not even being a concern. So the stronger Camaro will really move at speed, not to mention this was a claimed 11.8 sec LS1 and two stock Evo's.
Sorry man but a Z28 will get beat by a Evo no problem in the 1/4. But lemme get this straight.......you said the guy said that he had a blown STS running 12's and you said that was BS but yet you will believe him when he says his Camaro is running 11's? And as for the Evo's how the hell could you tell they were stock? You said nothing about you talking to them. So you can tell just by looking at a car if its stock now? And Evo's run low 13's high 12's stock, just an FYI. Camaro SS's run those numbers as well but not a Z28.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
:rolleyes:

Here we go AGAIN!!! The INFAMOUS ETC that can beat an EVO, but cant beat a camaro..... :histeric:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts