Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Looks like lot of Escalades are stolen these days. Mine ogone on 18th. No trace. OnStar is worst. Disabling battery disables OnStar. Not worth a feature and gives unnecessary safety feeling. Get LoJack or some other stuff with steering locks, etc.

I am still struggling to come out of that shock. Take care.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
man that sucks... i always figured onstar would be useless in that sense, the criminals always no a way around it

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Too Bad about your Cad! Hope you get it back in one piece! Better yet I hope you never see it again and get a new one! Once they're stolen they're never the same again!!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
That sucks. Even if it wasnt a cadillac it would suck, but that makes it that much suckier :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still no trace

No luck so far. All most there to settle on the insurance claim. Not getting another Caddy as I don't want to feel threatened every day, not knowing it is going to be there where I left it!

2003 Esc Black with Shale 2WD! Had only for 2.5 months! Now history.

Hope you all stay alert and keep it for longer time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More info

Lost in Atlanta King building parking! So fellow Atlantans, be on alert. I heard from Onstar, lot are stolen from NY/NJ area since February.

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
The guys who are stealing these Escalades must be pros to be able to make off with out a trace. They are most likely stripping them for parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Lade :mad: . Somebody forced into my Escalade about two months ago and stole my flipdown tv and aftermarket audio system. They drilled beneath the door handle. Since then, I got it to the best body shop I could find, but the finish was never the same :rolleyes: . Good luck finding your truck. But, I thought the key had a built-in chip. Meaning, that unless you have the key, you wouldnt be able to start the truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah....similar to the PATS system on Fords. The only one on the Ford forums I have heard from of the entire truck being stolen was one who had his truck towed away from the front of his house. But only the more expensive Fords have this system like the caddies.

Good luck not finding it.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
GM-Ford Guy said:
Yeah....similar to the PATS system on Fords. The only one on the Ford forums I have heard from of the entire truck being stolen was one who had his truck towed away from the front of his house. But only the more expensive Fords have this system like the caddies.

Good luck not finding it.
Lot of gm vehicles use this. I think it's called PASS.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Devil_concours said:
Lot of gm vehicles use this. I think it's called PASS.
It's called VATS, or PASS-KEY III on the Escalades. They would have to be pros to steal them with VATS equiped.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's not all that hard if you know the wiring system on the car and have a small OHM meter and a few resistors with alligator clips on each end! You can render the VATS system non op in about 30 seconds! I have demonstrated this technique for a couple of groups of Cadillac owners before. Just to show them that the system that they thought was bullet proof was in fact VERY simple to override.

P.S. It doesn't ever make them happy!

·
Registered
755 Posts
kcnewell said:
It's not all that hard if you know the wiring system on the car and have a small OHM meter and a few resistors with alligator clips on each end! You can render the VATS system non op in about 30 seconds! I have demonstrated this technique for a couple of groups of Cadillac owners before. Just to show them that the system that they thought was bullet proof was in fact VERY simple to override.

P.S. It doesn't ever make them happy!
However if you put in the wrong OHM chip the VATS system will not accept anything for another 15mins or something. In that case it could take a theif a great amount of time to find the correct OHM.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts