Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Infared, 2013ATS, 2016 ATSV
919 Posts
TX
You know the old saying that if you want something done right do it yourself. Well, it is true. Do you know what is wrong with original engine? No matter what was wrong, unless rod thru block, it is probably easily rebuildable. (and cheaper than buying whole new engine from someone you do not know or trust.)
If you do decide to get a new engine, make sure you do all assembly yourself and check all clearances yourself. Take your time and it will work fine. Just did that with 2 engines this summer, both run fine.

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTSV
380 Posts
Anyone want a 2004 CTS-V with a blown engine? I'm so over all of the scam artist mechanics and speed shops in DFW.
Every engine I have called on or asked about they are like well that price does not include this and that however they show that on the website as being included. I work for GM and should just buy an LSX block and build a monster myself. I can't do any worse than the idiots that have worked on my car in the past. I know some of them read our forum and I really don't care!
Now I feel better!
Anyone want to help me with a grocery list of what I need for a LSX 500 CI?
Hey so what is the low down what happened to the motor?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Not sure what it is yet! Got the motor out just have not started the tear down yet. The LSX block has been out a few months now. My price is 1,700 but that is just the block. If you guys help tell me what parts are needed I will buy all GM parts and build it. I need your help though.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
130 Posts
How much do you want for the old (original) LS6? Like Albertan said, unless the block is broke or cracked, it's an easy weekend rebuild (with parts on hand).

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I have no idea what is worth! Fred I'll send you a PM.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts