Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of my 2 cadi's. Just added the CTS (3.6L 6MT), dealer installed the painted V-series grill, chrome tips and a spoiler, window tint to come soon.

The Allante is all stock (1993) and has 60k miles. This board has been quite helpful for my Allante and helpful for information as I researched the CTS.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I always thought the Allante was a weird Cadillac, being the only V6 at that time... But now I appreciate it more :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the documents the Northstar in the 93 Allante (only year offered in Allante) was rated at 295hp. The Allante was an odd car in it's time and there as such it comes with many quirks, but is still fun to drive. the reason you don't see many on the roads is because between 87-93 there were appx 22000 made. It was the XLR before the XLR and came with a sticker of high 60k in 93 - pricey.

As the Allante sits and hopefully appreciates the CTS will be the daily driver. I waited years for Cadillac to match a decent v6 with the manual tranny and once they did I was hunting for one.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I love the look of the grill on your CTS. Too bad I dont think it'd work as well on my cashmere CTS...

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I like the look of the painted V grill on your CTS. Now you just need some Eibachs to get rid of those wheel gaps! :lildevil:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The dealer installed a painted V-grill and lower grill also?? Did you have to pay extra to have it painted.. What did they charge you for the lower grill

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BishopRuger said:
The dealer installed a painted V-grill and lower grill also?? Did you have to pay extra to have it painted.. What did they charge you for the lower grill
The dealer installed options included the grill, the chrome tips and the rear spoiler, for a basement bargain price of $3100. After reading this board I knew that the grill and tips shouldn't be more than $400 and I could care less about the spoiler, so in the final debate the dealer removed the charge for the "option kit".

That probably didn't answer your question but that is the best I can tell ya.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I think I might paint my grill now. That looks sharp and makes the cadi logo really stand out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BishopRuger said:
Well Im just asking cauz that lower grill is not a v-grill option, looks like an aftermarket piece, like the E&G grill.
I dunno... just bought the car on Saturday and assumed the grill assemblies were sold as part of a kit, never thought of a distinction between upper and lower grills.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I love the Allante... I always wanted one just because they were different.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
BishopRuger said:
Well Im just asking cauz that lower grill is not a v-grill option, looks like an aftermarket piece, like the E&G grill.
Yor are right Bishop..it is an aftermarket piece...E&G makes a mesh grille (lower and upper), that is like the V-Grill..My custom grilles that were dealer installed like FSU, are E&G.
FSU_Noles said:
I dunno... just bought the car on Saturday and assumed the grill assemblies were sold as part of a kit, never thought of a distinction between upper and lower grills.
The kit comes with an option of lower grill as well as even covers for the fog and daytime running lights...Most dealers will just install the upper and lower grill and sell it as a one set option - "custom grille"...Nice ride by the way FSU..correction, rides!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice pics!

That Allante was damn expensive to build. From what I remember, GM built the chassis and then shipped the chassis to Italy on a specially prepped Air Italia 747 where the coachwork would be installed by Pinanfarina (sp). The finished car would then be transported back via the 747.

Can you spell "destination charge", lol :eek:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
17 Participants
PODunk