Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
DTS 2006
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was okay the day before Christmas ....then I went to start it, on Christmas,
nothing....this happened a week ago, I was told by a friend to turn the key into
start, put it in neutral, and then try and start it, and it worked.... It started. But come Christmas, and trying of my remote starter, nothing, nothing happened. Then after letting it sit, and forgotten about for an hour or so, decided to check it out again...it came on...(almost as if the ignition or perhaps the starter is going, or has a
mind of own. I didn't try anymore on Christmas. All of my lights are bright, flashing, locks work fine, on the remote, it just won't start...is there a secret lock that I'm
unaware of? Or is this car jus playing tricks with me?

·
Registered
97sls,09dts
880 Posts
Lift the back seat up and check the battery connections perform a load test on the battery (auto zone will do it for free) if the battery is original its the likely suspect mike.

12,821 Posts
Cadpeechiz, I'm glad Mike has already begun stepping in with DIY advice, as I believe that is what you're seeking. If you are still having concerns after troubleshooting and would like to bring it to your dealership's attention, please don't hesitate to contact me for further assistance. I'm reachable via email at [email protected] and happy to contact your dealer anytime on your behalf.

I'm very sorry you've been experiencing these frustrations, especially during the holiday season!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
It was okay the day before Christmas ....then I went to start it, on Christmas,
nothing....this happened a week ago, I was told by a friend to turn the key into
start, put it in neutral, and then try and start it, and it worked.... It started.
But come Christmas, and trying of my remote starter, nothing, nothing happened. Then after letting it sit, and forgotten about for an hour or so, decided to check it out again...it came on...(almost as if the ignition or perhaps the starter is going, or has a mind of own.
I didn't try anymore on Christmas. All of my lights are bright, flashing, locks work fine, on the remote, it just won't start...is there a secret lock that I'm
unaware of? Or is this car jus playing tricks with me?
It kinda sounds like the Neutral Safety Switch is slightly out of adjustment.
Also...If there are any codes set for the suspension or for the drivetrain... the Remote Start WILL NOT WORK...
The KEY will start it... but not the remote.

·
Registered
DTS 2006
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much, I took the battery to AutoZone...and got
It checked out...and had my key remote checked out, both were100%
Good...now I do believe that it is the neutral safety switch...
I remember now that a few months ago I ignored the fact
That it was indeed missing when I tried my key...and it was
Clicking, and missing...but started.

----------

Thanku for the advice...I am on my way nowww to get thatquote
On the neutral safety switch...I think thats it...
Thanku again.

----------

Thanku I Will check within my local caddy store.

----------

Thanku Mike,
I took your advice, and was glad to know the ACDelco battery
And key remote was working at 100%

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS (Black Raven)
298 Posts
I always assume my DTS is haunted. Always... Random "Glitches" happen from time to time. Never your situation. Good luck my friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts