1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mothers Clay Bar Kit
P21s Shampoo
P21s Wheel cleaner (Gel)
P21s Total Auto Wash (general purpose and engine cleaner)
Lexol leather cleaner
Lexol leather conditioner
Eimann Fabrik Spot Remover (spot stains on carpets)
Eimann Fabrik Carpet cleaner (general carpet cleaner)
Plexus (plastics cleaner)*

Polishes & Waxes
Klasse AIO & SG (sealant)*
Pinancle Soverign (paste wax for dark cars)*
Pinancle Paste Glaz (paste wax for light cars)
Pinacle Cleansing Lotion (polish)
P21S (great moderate priced wax)
Pinacle Crystal Mist (quick detail)*

Other supplies-
Yo'Steve's MF towels*
Viper Cloth*
Cali Car Duster*

* = must have item

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
I like carnuba waxes. They seem to last longer, but then who cares, I try to wax once a month. What do you think of carnuba? I know they are based on a plant from South America that secretes carnuba to protect itself from the sun's damaging rays. I also used to use a chamois to dry, now I just use soft terrycloth. And I've heard that sponges are bad for washing 'cause they tend to pick-up debris after awhile and can scratch. Therefore I just use another terrycloth to wash.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the way waxes look, and you really cant not beat wax for the quality of the look. Waxes tend to give the car a "deeper and richer" look. However, waxes only tend to last between 2 to 3 months typically. Synthetics tend to last much longer and are durable (klasse, zaino, blackfire). What i typically do when washing/waxing, is to clean the entire car, and then put down Klasse AIO, 3 coats of SG, and then go over it again with Sovergn (carnuba wax).

Sponges-
I typically dont use sponges simply because there is the possibility of picking up some dirt or debris in the sponge and then chance of creating a scratch. For washing I typically use mits.

Drying-
You simply can not beat microfiber. Yo'steves is a great spot to get them along with classic motoring accessories. The big blue towel is a waffle designed microfiber towel that can hold a great deal of water, and is much softer then terry.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I use chamois sometimes...... Other than that I use 100% cotton towels.....

I like carnuaba wax..... it makes the water bead, and when it doesnt bead, its time for a new coat! Depending on the application, Ill use either synthetic or carnuaba....... On a car that I know will be a while before its next detail, I use synthetc..... On my cars I use carnuaba.......

Washing I use a wash mitt...... its not a wool one, its a different kind, im not sure what it is, but it works good.....

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Those wash mits, how many car washings before you have to wash them, etc? Did you ever get that infomercial on tv a couple of years ago that implied "beading" is bad because when the sun shines through it, the bead of water magnifies the light into the paint and causes little pits, etc! They were trying to promote their product that lets the water and rain, etc. "sheet" right off the paint so that no debris stays on your car. I wonder what ever happened to it? :wacky:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Washing-

I typically will wash all my used MF towels and mits each time i clean the car. I have found that a bit Dawn (dish soap) works best. I do not however throw my Pads into the washing machine, since i have heard too many stories about washing machines tearing the pads apart after only a few washes.

Pads include:

2 - White
4 - MF
1 - Grey (finishing)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Dont wash any detailing things in the washing machine..... Except the towels..... It rips the pads apart

I wash my mit after every time... I have one of those semi-pressure attachments at the end of the hose, so i can put it on full blast and it really cleans em up nice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
elwesso