Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XTS VSport Platinum AWD
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that my sunroof may close by itself.. And if I wanted, they would replace parts to repair this issue.. They first needed my approval to order the parts..

Any one else heard of this.. Or had the repair done..

When the parts come in, I'm going to also have them investigate my intermittent idle shake.. That is sooo embarrassing an issue to have on a Cadillac.. My 02 Grand Prix GTP, you could not tell it was running without looking at the tach..

I wonder do other brands running the same 3.6 have the same idle shaking issues.. Or is it just the big cams of the 321 hp version that's in the ATS..

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
yeah, as billm said. bring in ur car and they ll replace the engine mount to lessen the vibratuon at idle. not that this only applies to 3.6. if it was a 2.0, u might have a cracked piston. oh, and the replaced mount does not completely quiet the shakin neither, but significantly improves it

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This post was mainly about the sunroof recall.. If there was a thread on that, I missed it..

I already know about the motor mount replace on my 3.6.. I was waiting for a reason to take it back to the dealer.. I'm honestly not expecting a whole lot.. Cause if the engine is not idling smoothly.. Motor mounts are just a crutch.. As it is now, the car can go days idling smooth as silk.. Then with no correlation to anything.. It will start shaking..

I wonder does a computer reflash tune cure the problem ??? Like what you can get from Trifecta or KPE ..

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V M6 and 2013 ATS 3.6L Premium
64 Posts
We just took ours in yesterday for a bit of warranty work and they are going to handle the sunroof recall too.
- CUE screen has what appears to be a giant thumb print/glue built up under the screen
- One of the LED illuminated door handles isn't lighting up
- Shift paddle fell off
- Passenger heated seat bottom isn't functioning
- 2 recalls

We also have a bit of a rough idle but we're working through the other stuff first. Frankly I'm not too concerned with the recalls, silly stuff and the other warranty work is cosmetic type stuff but still, shouldn't be happening on a 2 year old car.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L
174 Posts
Belman said:
This post was mainly about the sunroof recall.. If there was a thread on that, I missed it.. I already know about the motor mount replace on my 3.6.. I was waiting for a reason to take it back to the dealer.. I'm honestly not expecting a whole lot.. Cause if the engine is not idling smoothly.. Motor mounts are just a crutch.. As it is now, the car can go days idling smooth as silk.. Then with no correlation to anything.. It will start shaking.. I wonder does a computer reflash tune cure the problem ??? Like what you can get from Trifecta or KPE ..
When you get the mounts done they will also reflash the pcm. Had it done to mine, night and day difference. It will shake every once in a while but overall worth having done.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you get the mounts done they will also reflash the pcm. Had it done to mine, night and day difference. It will shake every once in a while but overall worth having done.
Cool.. Thanks for that tip...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts