Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in good faith and stupidity on my part, i asked what they would change me to install an exhaust... a few days later, SA calls and tell me GM wont let them because of warranty ramifications... for an exhaust...

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to another dealer... these guys are incompetent ****sticks anyway.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Yea...dont have your dealer do anything aftermarket. Even if your SA is cool about your mods when you have them install it its in their service records so its not the best thing to do. Not too mention they'll overcharge you for aftermarket installs.

·
Registered
No Caddy, 2009 6.2 Silverado 4x4, 2003 Z06
14 Posts
in good faith and stupidity on my part, i asked what they would change me to install an exhaust... a few days later, SA calls and tell me GM wont let them because of warranty ramifications... for an exhaust...
That sounds like some major BS at your dealership. The warranty concerns aren't even worth discussing when it comes to exhausts. Obviously they may whine about the emissions equipment, etc, but I've never had warranty issues due to aftermarket exhausts and that is even including having long tube headers on multiple vehicles.

Heck, my dealership often sells GM vehicles with aftermarket (Corsa, Magnaflow, etc) exhausts installed.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V manual
448 Posts
my dealership installs D3/Hennessey/etc...as long as its bolt on mods like exhaust/intake u should be fine.

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EFFE THEM. IM about to show them exactly what they will HAVE to cover and under exactly what circumstances. im so pissed off with this place.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
Or find a dealer that has a relationship with one of the tuning houses. D3 has relationships with several dealers; perhaps others do too.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
I think that was a good & smart move, even if it was accidental, e6t, as you got to check out your dealer's attitude regarding mods for free. Sort of like a free lesson. More importantly, now you know that if you have any mods whatsoever, your car can't go to that dealer.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
FWIW, I'm aware of a fellow forum member who not only had his aftermarket exhaust shipped directly to the Cadillac dealership but they will also be doing the install.

Good thing all dealerships aren't mod "unfriendly".

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
My servicing dealer also says exhausts and CAIs are OK. Done right, those parts are harmless.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Good thing all dealerships aren't mod "unfriendly".
as stated by newcadman.

Most dealerships are "mod" unfriendly. Especially if they find out you have made a "mod" and didn't tell them about it. A very few are not. Except for failures that obviously cannot be blamed on the "mod," the unfriendly ones will do so. Don't go by what they say. Only go by what actually happens.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Unless I missed it, was it an emissions legal exhaust, with an E.O. number? In WI here, NO shop can legally install an illegal exhaust, or they could lose their certification for warranty repairs. However, pretty much any cat-back is considered legal though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts