1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.
509 Posts
Nice. What spoiler do you have and what tint?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. What spoiler do you have and what tint?
GM flush mounted spoiler bought from dealer ($350ish painted) and the tint is all legal 35%.

·
Registered
None
38 Posts
That's a really nice photo, but i'm not sure it qualifies as HDR. To really capture the essence of an HDR photo, it can't be in motion. The idea is to take a series 3 - 5 ususally, of shots of the exact same seen, the first one's being 1-2 stops underexposed, and the last one's being 1-2 stops over exposed. Then software is used to combine all 5 images into one composite that shows all the highs and lows of the dynamic range of the sensor.

It usually gives a somewhat CGI effect to the photo without going overboard. While this is a nicely processed very nice picture, it's nearly impossible to capture true HDR with this sort of motion.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
here's some others photos taken at the same time, some tweaked, some not so much:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's a really nice photo, but i'm not sure it qualifies as HDR. To really capture the essence of an HDR photo, it can't be in motion. The idea is to take a series 3 - 5 ususally, of shots of the exact same seen, the first one's being 1-2 stops underexposed, and the last one's being 1-2 stops over exposed. Then software is used to combine all 5 images into one composite that shows all the highs and lows of the dynamic range of the sensor.

It usually gives a somewhat CGI effect to the photo without going overboard. While this is a nicely processed very nice picture, it's nearly impossible to capture true HDR with this sort of motion.
he's taking the course currently, I'm just driving the car! All I know is that there's layers over the original photo. I'll leave that to you experts and trust your opinion. Just for info, he was duplicating the effects of that link in my original post. HDR or not he did catch the theme that was taken w/ the 2011 CTS-V coupe.

·
Registered
None
38 Posts
No doubt...and i didn't mean to come off as a prick about it (apologies if i did). One of my other hobbies outside of cars is photography, so i can certainly appreciate some great motion shots. And he did indeed capture the same feel very well.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
can i get this in wall paper size??

i still love Platinum freshly washed with a coat of wax

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
I have to say, that has become one of my top favorite photos of a V!!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very nice.... how did he do the hdr? i thought you had to get 3 duplicate shots all at different exposures.
As Sailrace said above (and I don't think he was a prick by any means, no worries) you are on to the same thing. All I know is he was hanging out of a truck doing rapid shots and we did actually do that same route 3 times until he got what he wanted. The only thing I know for certain is the pic has several "layers". He showed me this one and took the layers off 1 at a time back to the original just to show me how its done.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can i get this in wall paper size??

i still love Platinum freshly washed with a coat of wax
I have all the pics in hugemongus sizes!!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Thats bad ass! Looks awesome!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Please share! I love it.
thanks for all of the compliments, never thought they'd turn out this cool or folks would want to see them, here's the link to the full size first pic. I really don't know how to link to the full size, but here's the album and this one is supposed to be full size...took 10m to upload. If this doesn't work, email me at [email protected] and I'll forward the full size ones directly if interested.

http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/jj327/bigalforsyth/?action=view&current=CTS-V113Motion1-2010.jpg

·
Registered
CTS-V
632 Posts
man, that is one fast lookin V :sneaky: that tint makes your car look very classy. i went with 5% all around (except the windshied of course) and its a damn cop magnet. anyways, your car looks great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 Platinum CTS-V
446 Posts
What size is your "big" pic? The one we can download is 639x428 and is 54k.

I emailed you for bigger files if you got 'em.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What size is your "big" pic? The one we can download is 639x428 and is 54k.

I emailed you for bigger files if you got 'em.
the full size pics are 1-2MB...HUGE! Turns out either photobucket won't host a full size or I don't know how to do it.

email me at [email protected]. I'll look for your email but haven't seen it yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts