Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from the factory today (friend of a friend) that my CTS is being built now. Should be ready for shipping Friday. I don't know how many they have to ship before they will get to mine though. Now I'm getting excited!

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Very :cool:.

Waiting for news on mine. Supposedly has a TPW of this week.

:cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
That is Great

Ordered my 2008 CTS in June. I called the dealer today and got the order number, but he said he didn't know what stage it is in. So, I called Cadillac and gave them the order number and they say it is in production. What exactly does this mean time wise.....when can I expect the vehicle to be delivered?

Oh, another question. Since I ordered mine prior to the changes on the order guide, particularly the J55 performance brake code, will I automatically have that option added. It's not on my build sheet from June. I ordered a fully loaded:
3.6 DI 304hp
MX7 AWD
PDQ Premium Lux pkg
Y42 All season Performance pkg (originally J55 part of this group)
P63 18" high polish wheels
41U Black Raven
194 Ebony leather

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dadr,

I wish I could answer your questions but I don't have the answers about your options. I know once the car goes into production, it starts in the body shop where the space frame is welded together, including the doors. Then it goes through the paint system. After paint it goes to general assembly where everything is assembled onto the body. After assembly it gets filled with fluids, alignment done and quality checks done. Last is a run-up in a test booth. All this takes three to four days, then it's readied for shipment. Since mine was in the body shop today, it should be read for shipment the end of the week. It will still have to wait behind all the others that haven't been loaded on trucks yet. I hope to see it by the end of next week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks gm-eng,
You just answered more for me in one short posts than the dealer has since I ordered the car. Let us know how you like it!

dadr

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
I heard from the factory today (friend of a friend) that my CTS is being built now. Should be ready for shipping Friday. I don't know how many they have to ship before they will get to mine though. Now I'm getting excited!
gm_eng,

Congratulations. I would be getting excited too!
I hope my car is not too far behind yours.
You must post a few photos when you receive your car.

Regards,
Rab.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
This must mean that option B20 (part of PDQ) is no longer on constraint.
That's right. The supply issue with option B20 must be cleared now. Believe it was related to a color-matching problem with the option B19 wood trim applied to the door panels, center console and IP.
GM Canada advised today that my car is in "delay mode" due to 'a problem with the wood trim'. (Oh really?!!). I got the impression they didn't really know, and that they'll be stating this right up to the day the car is delivered to the dealership. I suppose it all adds to the suspense... but I'd really like to know what the heck's going on with my order!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My salesman contacted me yesterday and confirmed my event code status was 3400 - order broadcasted for production. He said mine will be the first CTS his dealership will get because since my order was a "sold" unit, it's production got bumped ahead of their "stock" units. I wonder how many people will be in and out of it before I see it.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
GM eng, where in missouri are you? Im in STL. Have your salesman call you right away to keep all those people out of your car:)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flyin-Ryan - I'm in O'Fallon. I work at the Wentzville plant. You bet I'll ask my saleman to try to keep everyone out of it and driving it!

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
Thats awesome. Im in Ofallon too. 40 and N. man I hope to see you driving that sweet ride around soon.

·
Registered
2003 SLS
322 Posts
And WHAT are you paying for this unit (excuse me for asking)? NONE of you has said squat about price. Or doesn't money matter?

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
My Car is also on its way......3800 Status

Model Year: 2008
Make: Cadillac
Model: 6DP69 - CTS: 3.6L V6 SIDI

Color1: 30U Thunder Gray
Trim: 194 Ebony/Ebony Nuance Leather
Package: 1SB 1SB Package
Engine: LLT Engine, 3.6L V6, DI
Trans: MX0 Trans., 6-Spd., Auto, RWD

B19 Wood Trim Package
B20 Wood Trim Package
C3U Sunroof, UltraView, Power, Express-Open
P63 Wheels, 18" x 8" Alumn., High-Polish Finish
PDQ Premium Luxury Collection
U2K XM Radio Package
UAV NAV w/Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround Sound
V4W Model Conversion GMX320 CTS HFV6
VK3 License Plate Bracket, Front
Y40 Luxury Level One Package
Y41 Luxury Level Two Package
Y43 18" Summer Tire Performance Pkg.
Y44 Seat Package
YF5 California Emissions

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
Dub your coming back!!! Thats awesome!!!! Is thunder gray close to your old color?

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
And WHAT are you paying for this unit (excuse me for asking)? NONE of you has said squat about price. Or doesn't money matter?
Prices have been posted. Click here.

Superior Cadillac is offering Supplier Pricing (GSU) to everyone on 2008s. Click here.

I imagine gm_eng is getting Employee Pricing (GMS) as am I.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dubbed-Stealth - Yours is equipped almost exactly like mine, only mine is Crystal Red with light titanium & ebony interior!

Flyin-Ryan - I'm near 70 between K & Bryan.

And yes, being a GM employee, my dealer is selling it to me for GMS price.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
312 Posts
Prices have been posted. Click here.

Superior Cadillac is offering Supplier Pricing (GSU) to everyone on 2008s. Click here.

I imagine gm_eng is getting Employee Pricing (GMS) as am I.

I think he was trying to find out what regular folks are paying - those of us not lucky enough to get GMS pricing! I can get supplier pricing from a local dealer but then I can't use my GM card earnings of 2500. It's kind of tough to work with a dealer in Michigan when you live in NJ.

Still pondering my options.....hoping to get supplier price and use my 2500.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
My dealer must be slow. They don't even have a code at all for me. Mine is a sold unit and the first that they ordered on the first day they could place an order. It will be the first one the dealership gets and I don't want a bunch of people sitting in or driving my car either!

Thunder grey looks awesome, had a hard time chosing between that and black raven. My Hummer is pewter so I went with Black. First black car any pointers on how to keep the swirls away.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 120 Posts