Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am Jody from the Netherlands and my 2006 SRX has problems with the alarm.
It goes off 5 min after i have locker the doors.
It will stop when I unlock the doors.
The display shows Theft Attempted EXP 40.

Annyone had the same problems?

Regards Jody

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
When this happens, is the security indicator (icon) on the dash on only when the ignition is on, or only when ign. is off. That will help find your problem. Let us know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This morning the battery was low so the car wouldn't start. Going to fix that this afternoon.
Maybe the mafunctioning alarm Will be solved to.

Regards Jody

·
Registered
2009 srx
37 Posts
Had the same problem with mine . Its the internal sensors by the front interior light. Gently pop it out and unplug until you get a replacement. Got mine from Germany. £400 .

·
Registered
2018 Camaro 2SS/NPP/F55/AQJ, Sold: 2015 Camaro, 2006 STS (EXP) 1997 Seville STS (EXP)
447 Posts
...yes, that part -might- be responsible...
...the sensor is called "intrusion sensor"...
...it's part of the export specs vehicle anti theft/theft deterrent system...
...this (very expensive) little "brick" /part is known for some strange faults/behavior on the export SRX/STS/CTS...
...that's the part from my export STS...SRX looks almost identical...
...btw...GM part-#'s I found/listed for 05/06 SRX are #10388029 or 25736811 and 07-09 #15774715
...but you should ask a dealership....and run a Tech II...
http://www.ebay.de/itm/2005-2006-CADILLAC-SRX-Innenraumsensor-Alarmanlage-Anti-Theft-GM-10388029-NEU-/111004208189

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well fixed battery and still the alarm goes sounds when i lock it. The indicator light on the dash is only on when the ignition is off and when i open the door.
If i disconnect the intrusion sensor the alarm doesn't workshop any more? And it doesn't go off when i disconnect it? But when i get out off the car the display on the mid console asks do you want to diable the intrusion sensor when i do that the alarm still sounds.

Regards Jody

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
The indicator light on the dash is only on when the ignition is off
Here is what I found in the SM-
The CTD system requests the IPC to illuminate the indicator only when the ignition switch is OFF. The CTD system uses the indicator in order to identify system status.
The content theft deterrent (CTD) system, when armed, is designed to deter vehicle content theft by pulsing the horns and exterior lamps for approximately 30 seconds when an unauthorized vehicle entry is detected. Export vehicles may also use a separate theft deterrent alarm as an alarm sounding device. However, the CTD system does not affect engine starting.

An unauthorized entry can be any of the following with the CTD system armed:

• When any door is opened without being unlocked by using the key to unlock either of the front doors or the UNLOCK command from a keyless entry transmitter.
• Forced entry into the rear compartment
• Forced entry into engine compartment
The components of the system are:

• Dash integration module (DIM)
• Door latch assemblies
• Door modules
• Front door lock cylinder disarm switches
• Inclination sensor (RPO UA2)
• Intrusion sensor (RPO UA2)
• Instrument panel cluster (IPC)
• Hood ajar switch (RPO UA2)
• Rear integration module (RIM)
• Remote function actuators
• Rear compartment tamper switch
• Theft deterrent alarm (RPO UA2)
Use the following procedure in order to arm the system:

Place the shift lever in park (P).
Turn OFF the ignition.
Open any door.
Important: The system is not armed if the doors are locked manually. The power door lock switch or remote transmitter must be used to arm the content theft deterrent (CTD) system.

Lock the doors with any power door lock switch or the LOCK button on the transmitter. The system is in standby mode and will not start the arming timer until all doors are closed.
The system will arm approximately 30 seconds from the time that the last door is closed. This delay is shown by the SECURITY indicator ON STEADY. When the indicator transitions to OFF, the system is armed.
Locking the vehicle may be accomplished without arming the content theft deterrent (CTD) system. Use of the manual door locks or using the key to lock the doors will lock the vehicle but will not arm the CTD system.
Disarming An Armed System/Silencing An Alarm

If system arming has been requested by the power door lock switch or the transmitter, it must be disarmed.

Important: Using the power door unlock switch or manually unlocking the doors does not disable the content theft deterrent (CTD) arm mode. Also, disconnecting the battery or pulling fuses does not disable the arm mode, since the remote function actuator module stores the CTD mode status in memory.

• To disarm the CTD system in standby mode (SECURITY indicator ON or flashing, and doors open):
- Press either power door unlock switch.
- Use the key to unlock either front door.
- Press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter.
- Insert a valid Pass Key III key into the ignition and switch to RUN position.
• To disarm the CTD system in the armed mode:
- Insert a valid Pass Key III key into the ignition and switch to RUN position
• To disarm the CTD system when activated (alarming mode):
- Insert a valid Pass Key III key into the ignition and switch to RUN position

There's a few things to try. As PontiacV8 said, you may have diagnostic codes. Get to a dealer or anyone who can read codes, including ABS to get them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the information guys. I have only onze questionnaires for this moment if i disconnect the intrusion sensor wil th alarm go off if i arm it?

Regards Jody

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Just try it and see, you can always re-connect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Disconnected the intrusion sensor 1,5 our ago still no alarm ???honing it stays this way units i get a new one thanx again for All the help so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts