Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury
988 Posts
Would the remote starter on the key fob have done the same thing to your malfunctiong heated seats or did they determine that it was caused by the app?

You have drastically changed your position on the the app, however - you first said it was simply a marketing ploy, now it's the cause of a defect in your car.

I never said the app caused the seat heater issue. The seat heater recall did. Typical new Cadillac quality. Please read the post.

I don't use remote start. Never did. Great for people who have a use for it. I don't.

Geez all the drama over an app. If you like it use it. If not don't. It's only an app.

My last word on this silly topic.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,224 Posts
I never said the app caused the seat heater issue. The seat heater recall did. Typical new Cadillac quality. Please read the post.

I don't use remote start. Never did. Great for people who have a use for it. I don't.

Geez all the drama over an app. If you like it use it. If not don't. It's only an app.

My last word on this silly topic.
Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V, 1969 Cougar XR7 Convertible, 1970 GTO, 1970 Torino GT, 2006 XLR
218 Posts
I have a 2016 ATS-V. The old mobile app was problematic from the time I got the car. I had many conversations with Tech support about it. Often it would not display miles to empty or correct tire pressures. Since I downloaded the new app, I have had zero....yes zero problems. I think the new app is a vast improvement over the old one. I am struggling with wrapping my head around why you people are complaining.I have paid no money at all for this app from day one.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Premium Luxury FWD
10 Posts
I liked having the MyCadillac app. I got used to using an iPhone app as a key fob with my 2018 Buick Enclave. It was free of any charges. I was very disappointed to find, after an initial three months, Cadillac wants $119 per year to make the app fully functional. You'd think a luxury manufacturer like Cadillac wouldn't have to nickel and dime their way to profits.
I love my XT5 but miss the app.
Are there any inexpensive alternatives? Apple makes one but it only functions with BMW. There's also an app called "Car Key" that costs $70 per year but the reviews are so bad I hesitate to try it.

·
Registered
Had 1995 Eldorado, Had 2001 DHS, Had 2005 STS, Had 2013 ATS, Have 2016 CTS Premium
72 Posts
Took a little bit to get used to the new look of the app but it works fine and all of that functionality is free.
Hope you get yours figured out

·
Registered
2018 CT6
158 Posts
I use the app frequently. The oddity I have found is navigating to a contact's house. If I use the app it works flawlessly. If I use the CUE to navigate to a contact, I am told no address exist or something to that fact. And I am using my phone contacts when using the CUE system. As far as OnStar, I used to be a AAA member but what I pay OnStar instead of AAA is well worth the cost for responding when I am on the road. One time I had left my phone home and OnStar was nice enough to place my call saving me untold grief. That type of consideration deserve my respect and continued support.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
966 Posts
Ugh, not surprisingly, Cadillac ruined a good thing. I used the myCadillac app for remote use frequently to remote start, lock the doors, find the car, etc. Recently, my phone wouldn't let me use the app unless I updated it through the app store (I'm using Android12) and now the fob is gone. The app morphed into a useless 'find your preferred dealer, sign up for onstar, buy accessories, schedule service' marketing fiasco. I can't find the fob anywhere in the app anymore. Has this happened to others? Is there a different app now for the fob? What am I missing? Thanks.
They didn't remove it. The start button is now the biggest thing on the main page of the app. Just press what appears to be the on/off button, then it will ask you for your pin.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
966 Posts
Wrong!
It is a tracking device on your car. Mercury gives me a modest discount for having it. I use it when.my car is away from me, such as at the repair shop. When my Chevy was in the body shop, it was at a remote location, more than 30 miles away. I was able to keep tabs on it every day, miles driven, amount of gas being used, miles put on it,etc, the car was gone for 3 weeks.

If the car is in an accident and the air bags go off, Onstar calls you on the car phone and sends help, or calls your spouse.

It comes with 30 minutes per month on the Onstar phone.

If your car is stolen, the police can work with Onstar to slow or disable the car if it is being chased.

I look up destinations with the app and then send it to my car.

This is all that I can remember of the top of my head, without looking it up. Personally, I wouldn't have a car without Onstar, it's like part of the Cadillac experience and having a top of the line vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,291 Posts
The smart driver feature is fun. It gives you a score on how well you drive.
No thanks. I told them I know how I drive and that I exited school many years ago so I do not need a 'report' card (as they call it). As for another driver using your car such as a teenager, it could be useful, but then you have the teen driver option under settings>vehicle.

I have the onstar plan for emergency and sending directions, but I only have use for the emergency part (just in case), as I find the inhouse Nav works great for me. I do not have the remote start part as I don't need it with my lifestyle (for which the fob remote start is good). I can see it having purpose for some who need to start their car when out of range of the fob and to know that it started. I know where I park my car, so I don't need it for that either. When I had the trial version, I did not like to have to enter my pin to access the functions...I saw it as a delay (my fob works much more quickly) for no real purpose because I have a screen lock on my phone in case it gets lost or stolen. There's other stuff such as lockout protection, and tire pressure reads that might come in useful now and then. But for me it's not worth the price they want for full access. Also, to use it I need a data plan for internet connection, which I have no need for.

·
Registered
2017 CT6
3 Posts
Ugh, not surprisingly, Cadillac ruined a good thing. I used the myCadillac app for remote use frequently to remote start, lock the doors, find the car, etc. Recently, my phone wouldn't let me use the app unless I updated it through the app store (I'm using Android12) and now the fob is gone. The app morphed into a useless 'find your preferred dealer, sign up for onstar, buy accessories, schedule service' marketing fiasco. I can't find the fob anywhere in the app anymore. Has this happened to others? Is there a different app now for the fob? What am I missing? Thanks.
It is still on my phone. Are you sure your update was successful / your phone uploaded the latest version?

My Samsung Galaxy S-6 Active android recently updated the MyCadillac app on my phone and the very top line of the Main app menu page reads: "Remote Commands", Key Fob. I click on that menu option and I get a screen with all the key fob options on it, Door Locks, Engine, Horn and Lights etc.

On the main page of the app, the menu options below the Remote Commands option are Vehicle Status/ Vehicle Diagnostics, Vehicle Locate/ Share Location, My Cadillac Rewards/ Points Balance. Clicking any of those takes you into a menu screen for each category.

I like the options the app provides as well as all the features you can set up for the car to respond to the fob itself.

Also I don't know what people are talking about when they say it costs 200 or 350 dollars? My app is part of my OnStar/Cadillac package which I pay a measly 26 bucks a month for. That 26 bucks is a lot cheaper than AAA or any other roadside assistance package that I have seen and the few times I used roadside assistance in my 07 STS or needed OnStar help they were very helpful and one time even gave me 30 free minutes on my STS' phone to enable me to make a call for a tow service.
I have yet to need to use OnStar since buying my CT6 but since all my experiences in my STS were positive IMO the OnStar package is well worth the money.

·
Registered
2020 XT6 Platinum 89 ALLANTE,17 ESCLADE Plat,
19 Posts
It is still on my phone. Are you sure your update was successful / your phone uploaded the latest version?

My Samsung Galaxy S-6 Active android recently updated the MyCadillac app on my phone and the very top line of the Main app menu page reads: "Remote Commands", Key Fob. I click on that menu option and I get a screen with all the key fob options on it, Door Locks, Engine, Horn and Lights etc.

On the main page of the app, the menu options below the Remote Commands option are Vehicle Status/ Vehicle Diagnostics, Vehicle Locate/ Share Location, My Cadillac Rewards/ Points Balance. Clicking any of those takes you into a menu screen for each category.

I like the options the app provides as well as all the features you can set up for the car to respond to the fob itself.

Also I don't know what people are talking about when they say it costs 200 or 350 dollars? My app is part of my OnStar/Cadillac package which I pay a measly 26 bucks a month for. That 26 bucks is a lot cheaper than AAA or any other roadside assistance package that I have seen and the few times I used roadside assistance in my 07 STS or needed OnStar help they were very helpful and one time even gave me 30 free minutes on my STS' phone to enable me to make a call for a tow service.
I have yet to need to use OnStar since buying my CT6 but since all my experiences in my STS were positive IMO the OnStar package is well worth the money.
26 X 12 = 312 $ FYI.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
For me, without negotiating a deal, the price is $24.99/month + taxes = 27.99/month which = $335.86/year. My current safety and security plan is a negotiated $14.55/month (taxes included) = $174.60/year. AAA would cost me $112.00/year (taxes included), but I would not get anywhere even remotely close to the level of service I get with onstar. I consider the $174.60/year as insurance in case I ever need it.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,224 Posts
Just remember AAA covers the driver, not the car. That’s why I have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
727 Posts
When the wife was in a serious accident Onstar called her and then called EMS and the police. Then they stayed on the phone with my wife and kept her calm until EMS arrived. Then they called me to let me know what had happened and where I needed to go to see her.

That my friends is worth way more than money.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
That's why I have onstar safety and security, plus GM Roadside assistance which onstar will call for me when I contact them.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts