Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh, not surprisingly, Cadillac ruined a good thing. I used the myCadillac app for remote use frequently to remote start, lock the doors, find the car, etc. Recently, my phone wouldn't let me use the app unless I updated it through the app store (I'm using Android12) and now the fob is gone. The app morphed into a useless 'find your preferred dealer, sign up for onstar, buy accessories, schedule service' marketing fiasco. I can't find the fob anywhere in the app anymore. Has this happened to others? Is there a different app now for the fob? What am I missing? Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury
988 Posts
Ugh, not surprisingly, Cadillac ruined a good thing. I used the myCadillac app for remote use frequently to remote start, lock the doors, find the car, etc. Recently, my phone wouldn't let me use the app unless I updated it through the app store (I'm using Android12) and now the fob is gone. The app morphed into a useless 'find your preferred dealer, sign up for onstar, buy accessories, schedule service' marketing fiasco. I can't find the fob anywhere in the app anymore. Has this happened to others? Is there a different app now for the fob? What am I missing? Thanks.

It's a marketing app, has been for a long time. I'm tired of the mandated endless updates making it more useless. I no longer use it. Cadillac is run by a bunch of desperados. They should concentrate on making decent cars.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,224 Posts
I’m not sure if the android app is different than my iPhone’s but my remote start is on the Home Screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 & 2019 CTS 2.0T Luxury RWD
168 Posts
Ugh, not surprisingly, Cadillac ruined a good thing. I used the myCadillac app for remote use frequently to remote start, lock the doors, find the car, etc. ... What am I missing? Thanks.
As Theroider says, the remote functions are on the home screen on iPhone (Apple) version of this app. They have changed the app's format drastically, but all the previous functions are there, just in different (& hard to find) areas. I'd guess they're still there in the Android version too. Dig around in it & let us know.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,224 Posts
Yes, if you click the Vehicle Status, it takes you to another page with more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury
536 Posts
As Theroider says, the remote functions are on the home screen on iPhone (Apple) version of this app. They have changed the app's format drastically, but all the previous functions are there, just in different (& hard to find) areas. I'd guess they're still there in the Android version too. Dig around in it & let us know.
The Android version is the same. I've gotten use to the new format and actually think it's fine versus what prior versions had.

RedCadi, this is not just a marketing app. It has significant functionality. We regularly use it (and the myChevrolet app for our Volt) to keep track of tire pressure, mileage (and charge status for the Volt), set up location notification texts, theft alerts, sent Nav locations to our Cue navigations, and most of the other functions.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury
988 Posts
The Android version is the same. I've gotten use to the new format and actually think it's fine versus what prior versions had.

RedCadi, this is not just a marketing app. It has significant functionality. We regularly use it (and the myChevrolet app for our Volt) to keep track of tire pressure, mileage (and charge status for the Volt), set up location notification texts, theft alerts, sent Nav locations to our Cue navigations, and most of the other functions.
The iOS version has not been able to send destinations to nav for quite a while now. Not for me at least. I use the website another marketing dealie.

As fo tire pressure I have a gauge. Not much on that app to motivate me to do the endless updates. Glad you have much use for it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The iOS version has not been able to send destinations to nav for quite a while now. Not for me at least. I use the website another marketing dealie.

As fo tire pressure I have a gauge. Not much on that app to motivate me to do the endless updates. Glad you have much use for it.
We have a newly licensed driver and I find the functions of the app invaluable. I just now pulled up how much gas he has left, the tire pressure, and oil life. It works very well as a training tool. I can tell how hard he's getting on it by fuel remaining and of course fuel efficiency. I can do this without getting in the car or taking a gauge to get the PSI.

In the dead of winter when it's cold or in the heat of summer, the remote start is tremendous.

I use Waze for directions, but my son likes me sending the destination to the nav before he gets in the car. It'll be there waiting for him after he starts the car. Fantastic.

Marketing ploy? I don't see it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

I have my Caddy and my son's Camaro on my MyCadillac app and am able to switch between vehicles. I too have the Chevy app, but I find it has fewer features than the Caddy.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
4 Posts
Since the new update I had to log out and log back in a couple of times but since then it’s been working like a champ for me. Sending directions to nav as well as clicking the status and getting fuel, oil, and PSI levels. Once you get used to it it’s awesome. Now the watch app could use some serious work. It will crash and make the phone app useless so I’m avoiding it until Cadillac updates it.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury
988 Posts
We have a newly licensed driver and I find the functions of the app invaluable. I just now pulled up how much gas he has left, the tire pressure, and oil life. It works very well as a training tool. I can tell how hard he's getting on it by fuel remaining and of course fuel efficiency. I can do this without getting in the car or taking a gauge to get the PSI.

In the dead of winter when it's cold or in the heat of summer, the remote start is tremendous.

I use Waze for directions, but my son likes me sending the destination to the nav before he gets in the car. It'll be there waiting for him after he starts the car. Fantastic.

Marketing ploy? I don't see it.
I'm happy you like the app. I'm happy for everyone who likes the app.

I've never used remote start. I tried it just to make sure it works when the car was new. The only thing remote start did for me is goof up the auto heated seat cushion. When the car was presented to me after the seat heater recall in 80+' temps in August the seat heaters and rear defroster were on.

I took it back a few times as I don't care for heated seats on hot summer days. They never logged it into service just played with the diagnostic area of CUE. The seat heaters no longer came on in summer or winter. Lumbar works.

Running the car back and forth for nothing was an inconvenience during the B2B. Warranty is over so I have no plans to visit the dealer again unless my indy tells me there is no option and a function is necessary.

The version of the app I have and do not plan to update at this time has a lot of selling. In my world that's marketing.

This is my last Cadillac. I really don't care what they do.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS-4 Performance
41 Posts
I have never used this functionality and was just looking into it...

Are you guys telling me that you ALL pay $350/yr for this functionality???

That is beyond insane if that is the case. For $350/yr it had better be doing some personal shopping and other services.

I mean remote start, checking stats, all fine and dandy, but not for that kind of pricetag.

Or, am I missing something here? As in, I assume it comes free for a period of time after purchase, but after the warranty is up you have to pay???

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury
988 Posts
I have never used this functionality and was just looking into it...

Are you guys telling me that you ALL pay $350/yr for this functionality???

That is beyond insane if that is the case. For $350/yr it had better be doing some personal shopping and other services.

I mean remote start, checking stats, all fine and dandy, but not for that kind of pricetag.

Or, am I missing something here? As in, I assume it comes free for a period of time after purchase, but after the warranty is up you have to pay???
Are you referring to OnStar? GM will discount. I have Guidance and pay two hundred something.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
A phone app that will start your car and check your tires.
I guess you didn't read my comments. For me, there are a lot more features than $200 per year in a costs. Cliche yes, but, what's priceless is peace of mind having Onstar in our son's car.

So, it's not perfect for everyone. In your case, judging from your snarky comment, you're one who will never seen a benefit from it. That's great for you! For others, it is money well spent and provides value that cannot be quantified.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'm happy you like the app. I'm happy for everyone who likes the app.

I've never used remote start. I tried it just to make sure it works when the car was new. The only thing remote start did for me is goof up the auto heated seat cushion. When the car was presented to me after the seat heater recall in 80+' temps in August the seat heaters and rear defroster were on.

I took it back a few times as I don't care for heated seats on hot summer days. They never logged it into service just played with the diagnostic area of CUE. The seat heaters no longer came on in summer or winter. Lumbar works.

Running the car back and forth for nothing was an inconvenience during the B2B. Warranty is over so I have no plans to visit the dealer again unless my indy tells me there is no option and a function is necessary.

The version of the app I have and do not plan to update at this time has a lot of selling. In my world that's marketing.

This is my last Cadillac. I really don't care what they do.
Would the remote starter on the key fob have done the same thing to your malfunctiong heated seats or did they determine that it was caused by the app?

You have drastically changed your position on the the app, however - you first said it was simply a marketing ploy, now it's the cause of a defect in your car.

·
Registered
2017 CTS V-Sport; 2018 Escalade Platinium
52 Posts
Just purchased a CPO Escalade and was disappointed to find out the app is no longer included for free for 5 years. The only way to get access to the app is through the $14.95/m plan which they were willing to discount to $9/m if I prepaid for a year... The app works great in the winter coming back on a flight, usually hit the remote start while walking from the terminal and the car is toasty (and warmed up after sitting a few days) by the time I get to my parking spot. That being said it's nice but not worth $9 a month, this was a big disappointment (more so because it took 4 calls and about 2 hours on with onstar to get the vehicle added to my account properly only to find out you get 1 month of service or 3 with a CC on file).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts