Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday October 11, 2003 I was out driving. I went to go pick up the woman and get wendy's and go back to a friends for drinking. When i was about 5 mins away i realized that the wendy's was getting cold and i had to speed. So i jumped on it and man did i move. I had the woman laughing with how fast i was going on this "little" back road. My top speed was about 85-90 on this road that had a well posted speed limit of 35. As i realized how fast i was going i hit the brakes to slow down. While hitting the brakes i see my favorite thing of all COP LIGHTS. I procede to pull over and i grab my insuarnce and reg. put it with my license. I put down the window and held the info in my hand.

When the cop walked up he said
"WOW!!! Where is the race going? Where is the other car? Why didn't you call me to race? pause........................................ OK.. So lets hear your excuse.
I told him that i was speeding b/c i have $25 worth of wendy's that was getting cold and it was for a bunch of drunk people.
He then said if that was the best excuse that i had and i told him there is no point in lying and he laughed at me and took 1 step and turned back around. He asked if this was my car and if it was under my name. I told him that yes this is my car and not only is it in my name but insured under my name as well.
Then he asked what i did for a living. I went through my job, description, and where it was. Then he went oh ok.
He told me to wait here he would be right back.
When he left my gf turned to me and started laughing and said should i start crying to help you out. I just said everything is ok and we'll be out of here in 2 mins.
After we were done talking the cop came up handed me the info back and said "don't drive crazy, be safe, have a good night and turned around and went to his car"
The cop was a small town cop and he was around 24 so that helped to my advantage.
I should have lost my license but i didn't. I didn't get any written paperwork about the pullover and I really impressed the GF with my bs skills and how i got out of the ticket. It was a combo between my job, age, and the caddy. Thank you caddy.

Thought all of the younger people would like this one.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The last time I pointed out how incredibly stupid somebody's story was (like this one), it started a HUGE argument. So THIS time, I'll just say that I HOPE your girlfreind was along to be the designated driver for your outing.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katshot said:
The last time I pointed out how incredibly stupid somebody's story was (like this one), it started a HUGE argument. So THIS time, I'll just say that I HOPE your girlfreind was along to be the designated driver for your outing.
FYI if i didn't state it in there I was not at all under the influence of any substance when i got pulled over. We were spending the night there so i didn't have to drive home drunk.

·
Registered
329 Posts
As much as I freakin' love Wendy's, I wouldn't risk doing 90 on back roads just because I was afraid of the food getting cold. That's what microwaves are for :D

Actually, food, drinks & smokes are banned from my car's interior altogether, so I guess I won't have that problem ;)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shaggygrosser said:
As much as I freakin' love Wendy's, I wouldn't risk doing 90 on back roads just because I was afraid of the food getting cold. That's what microwaves are for :D

Actually, food, drinks & smokes are banned from my car's interior altogether, so I guess I won't have that problem ;)
I don't let ANYONE smoke in my car. That is one way to ruin your int.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Younger kids seem to think these sorts of things are funny, until you roll your car on the grid road and your girlfriend loses her arm, or use of her limbs in the process. This sort of stupid thing seems like fun, but I have seen the results of it. Why do you think historically they have always put the 18 or 20 year olds on the front lines in a battle? Because they think they are immortal, and will never die! I have nothing against you personally, but sounds like your car should be a 1979 Trans Am with rust patches all over it, and "girlie" mudflaps.

When we get to a certain age, (usually 30 or so) you say to yourself, "I cannot believe I was that careless.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ralph said:
When we get to a certain age, (usually 30 or so) you say to yourself, "I cannot believe I was that careless.

im 23 and i say that... i only drive like that when i wont hurt anyone else and i know the road well. but never more than 45 or 50 on a back road.

i dont even go 90 in the highway

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe this maybe be bad for you guys to handle but a "backroad" in my terms is flat wide open. I know the road well enough to handle.

I'll admit I still do things that I shouldn't in means of speed. But in the past 4 years of driving i have matured a lot. I'll be the first one to admit that i was not mentally ready to drive. Yes i physically had the capapbilies to drive but i lacked experience and common sense. That grows with time. I just laugh inside with some of the things that i see people do on the road at high speeds. Now im sure people do that with me.
Jay i understand where your coming from. By the time im 23 I will have most of this stuff out of me.
I acually believe that the driving age should be changed

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ralph said:
Truth be told, we all have done some stupid things, even me! I would be worried about a girlfriend that laughs when the cops pull you over though? ;)
There are plenty of things to worry about with her. But that isn't worth getting into.

·
Registered
1996 Seville STS
141 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
There are plenty of things to worry about with her. But that isn't worth getting into.
Well you opened the box... What is it that worries you about your girlfriend?

Jon
96STS

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
On the topic of girlfriends, and what you worry about with them... If you have to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the answer.
(That also applies to horsepower, and when is too much)

As for getting out of tickets, it doesn't always help. Though in many cases it does save you from jail. I got busted with the car 4 days after I bought it. Nov 21st 2001, 10:52 pm, on 417 northbound over Lake,,, Jessup... 107 in a 65. The first words out of the cop's mouth were "You've got to be kidding me." I still had the temp tag on the car from the 17th, when I bought it. $280 ticket though. But could have been arrested.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
You know other than kat i may have one of the most modded cars on this forum...but yet i rarely do anything this stupid..in my opinion if you really wanna speed take it to the track or at the very least a highway....why get urself killed, or your car taken away......btw i do let people eat in the car....its only food...i dont let people smoke...especially with the suede

·
Registered
Fleetwood Brougham 1995
521 Posts
I never got any tickets in New York and I've done really insane driving moves. Only 2 tickets in Jersey. One of them was on Christmas Eve. They really have issues over there.

Smoking is disgusting. I would never let someone smoke in my car.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
On Saturday October 11, 2003 I was out driving. I went to go pick up the woman and get wendy's and go back to a friends for drinking. When i was about 5 mins away i realized that the wendy's was getting cold and i had to speed. So i jumped on it and man did i move. I had the woman laughing with how fast i was going on this "little" back road. My top speed was about 85-90 on this road that had a well posted speed limit of 35. As i realized how fast i was going i hit the brakes to slow down. While hitting the brakes i see my favorite thing of all COP LIGHTS. I procede to pull over and i grab my insuarnce and reg. put it with my license. I put down the window and held the info in my hand.

When the cop walked up he said
"WOW!!! Where is the race going? Where is the other car? Why didn't you call me to race? pause........................................ OK.. So lets hear your excuse.
I told him that i was speeding b/c i have $25 worth of wendy's that was getting cold and it was for a bunch of drunk people.
He then said if that was the best excuse that i had and i told him there is no point in lying and he laughed at me and took 1 step and turned back around. He asked if this was my car and if it was under my name. I told him that yes this is my car and not only is it in my name but insured under my name as well.
Then he asked what i did for a living. I went through my job, description, and where it was. Then he went oh ok.
He told me to wait here he would be right back.
When he left my gf turned to me and started laughing and said should i start crying to help you out. I just said everything is ok and we'll be out of here in 2 mins.
After we were done talking the cop came up handed me the info back and said "don't drive crazy, be safe, have a good night and turned around and went to his car"
The cop was a small town cop and he was around 24 so that helped to my advantage.
I should have lost my license but i didn't. I didn't get any written paperwork about the pullover and I really impressed the GF with my bs skills and how i got out of the ticket. It was a combo between my job, age, and the caddy. Thank you caddy.

Thought all of the younger people would like this one.
1. ur a LUCKY BASTARD
2. I'm not going to give you no lecture, i'm not ur dad.
3. mmm Wendy's.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
SupaFly said:
I never got any tickets in New York and I've done really insane driving moves. Only 2 tickets in Jersey. One of them was on Christmas Eve. They really have issues over there.

Smoking is disgusting. I would never let someone smoke in my car.
I only smoke when I am on fire. :histeric:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts