Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just took my caddy out for a drive today and it was about 13 degrees farenheit here and i'm fed up with my 1991 sedan deville. One the two front doors were frozen shut can't get them open even after i was done driving it. two, my windows fog up like a little b*tch even with the darn defrost on. i don't know what to do anymore really. its got 165,xxx miles on the clock runs awesome still but i'm just getting fed up with these doings. anyone got any advice?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
WEll thats no reason to call your CADILLAC a POS!!!!

I know the thing about the doors has come up before.... Search around, but the best advice i can give you is to spray WD40 everywhere.... In the locks, in the latch, in the press button, etc.....

With your defrost, make sure that the AC is ON, as the dehumidified air will really make a difference...... Whenever I have fog on my windows, I just fire up the AC (but keep the temp setting on 74, normally I run without the AC on during the winter) and it goes away within 5 mins......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the thing tho i think my ac compressor is shot or there is a leak somewhere so it just fogs up...even when i start the car up i can't here the compressor

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
Hello 91sdeville,

I moved your thread to the pushrod section so that you might get more exposure. Your Cadillac does not have a Northstar engine in it and other may be able to offer assistance with your problem.

I understand your frustration with a vehicle that does not perform to your standards, but with some time and patience and just maybe some $$$ you can get the help and advice you need from our members.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I dont' have working AC in teh car I'm driving right now and the windows will unfog fine. Try putting the drivers window or one of them down a bit.

Maybe you've got a bit of a heater core leak or something that's making them fog up worse?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's what I was going to say... Are you loosing any coolant? Do you get a funny smell?..

DO NOT.. use WD 40 on rubber or in the locks.. It's not make for that.. Get some powdered Teflon.. you can get it at a gun/sporting goods shop Works wonders in locks.. and try a thin layer of silicone grease on the rubber seals of the doors.. should help...

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
dc-in-md...just a question...
The other day my doors were frozen, so when I got one open - it wouldn't shut! So i sprayed some WD 40 in the latch portion on the door and got it to close again. My question is, do you think that it is possibly weaker/ damaged, or can I still use WD 40 until I get the item you suggested to use...Or is it an absolute must that WD 40 is not used? Asking because I work at 6am tomorrow (6.5 hours from now), and its going to be a coooooold Wisconsin night most likely.
Jacob Hoppe

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
You could get some of that silicone spray.... Spray that everywhere, I dont think that will harm anything......

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Dc-in-mind is right. Definitely do NOT use WD-40 in the lock cylinders. It attracts dirt, and can quickly gum up the tumblers. However, it should be fine on the latch mechanism.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts