Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
Holy man, that is SO not freaken right. I feel soooo sorry for you man. Honestly, my heart just stopped when I first saw the after pictures.

I am sure that you had locking lug nuts on those wheels right? But of course they must of had the key, either from your glove box, or they had it themselves. I am just speechless, I'll pray that the cops find the a-holes and get your stuff back. You must of had an aftermarket deck in there huh?

For future times. Check this tint out... security tint Security tint I've had that installed on my Caddy, and the person who installed it was telling me that the tint is at least 3 or 4 times thicker than normal tint.

I pray to God for you during this horrid times.

KOT

·
Registered
CTS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy man, that is SO not freaken right. I feel soooo sorry for you man. Honestly, my heart just stopped when I first saw the after pictures.

I am sure that you had locking lug nuts on those wheels right? But of course they must of had the key, either from your glove box, or they had it themselves. I am just speechless, I'll pray that the cops find the *******s and get your stuff back...

My God be with you in this horrible time.

KOT

yea i had locking lug nuts and they got the key from my center coonsole... they left fingerprints all over my car and they already got a hit on them but they havent arrested the guy yet

and I had everything insured so im gettin new rims and a new system and everything... its in the shop right now gettin fixed

·
Registered
2005 CTS Luxury
9 Posts
Wow, I feel for you man. Had the same thing happen to an Acura I owned a few years ago. Glad you had everything insured though.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
at first glance, i thought you was making jokes of my car, cause mine looks almost liek it at first quick glance...but after looking at the car i realized it wasnt mine...

that really sucks man, and i hope they bust the guy with all of your stuff in hand just to make it stick...

·
Registered
Cadillac
376 Posts
I never carry the key. My custom rims have all locking wheel nuts and the tolerance you can fit a puller on it.

eh enjoy the insurance and welcome to Orlando.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
that sucks man, sorry to see this. where was it parked when it happened? was it overnight when it happened?
we have had a few cars broken into in my neighbourhood lately so ive been parking in our garage that has a alarm on both doors.
i guess the factory caddy alarm didnt go off for any of that....
and with the new chordless impact guns getting better they prob had the wheels off within 5 min.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
46 Posts
well at least u r ok. Its tough to look on the bright side but in the end it is just a car and whats most important is the scumbags didnt hurt you. A friend of mine almost got killed by some "gangstas" trying trob his car.

Well hope all is well and everything works out in the end. Something needs to be done about htese kinds of people. I work at a mall and go to college is a city that while not being horrible it isnt great. Im from the suburbs/country so i wasnt really used to this stuff but now i am. I see this everyday and every time its the same thing. Windows broken, gps/head unit gone and something else. How do they get away with this or are people just stupid walking by and are thinking to themselves at least its not mine.

Thats my little rant but i hope its work out

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
It seems like they knew what they were doing. It looks like they pulled the radio out without damage from the pics. So look for another CTS in town and check the head unit. Maybe you'll find him.

·
Registered
CTS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that sucks man, sorry to see this. where was it parked when it happened? was it overnight when it happened?
we have had a few cars broken into in my neighbourhood lately so ive been parking in our garage that has a alarm on both doors.
i guess the factory caddy alarm didnt go off for any of that....
and with the new chordless impact guns getting better they prob had the wheels off within 5 min.
it was parked in my assigned parking spot at my complex and it happenened overnight the police woke me up around 530 in the morning and the factory alarm did not go off

what kind of rims are thoes? Are thoes the TIS 07? I wish they had them to black
they are 22" Zenetti Rogues

·
Registered
05' CTS
60 Posts
It seems like they knew what they were doing. It looks like they pulled the radio out without damage from the pics. So look for another CTS in town and check the head unit. Maybe you'll find him.
good call watch Ebay and Craigslist. Also offer a reward at the GM dealers since the the radio needs to be programed with a tech 2 scanner

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Are you sure the alarm didn't go off??? What did the police say, how did they find out? The reason why I'm asking about the alarm not going off is because by law, the alarm can only sound for 90 seconds or less. Some areas are 60 seconds. With a factory alarm, there isn't really much of away to find out. However, with an aftermarket like Viper. The chirp will chirp 3 times when you press the unlock button on the remote the first time. To let you know that the alarm had gone off since you last locked it.

That's just my theory.

KOT

·
Registered
CTS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good call watch Ebay and Craigslist. Also offer a reward at the GM dealers since the the radio needs to be programed with a tech 2 scanner
i check craigslist and ebay everyday lol and I had and aftermarket cd player and equalizer it wasnt stock

thank you i think i just found the wheels i want to purchase if you dont mind... :)
lol yea I loved the rims but im switching up the look of it now so im not going to get the same rims... and when I got them i got them brand new with brand new hankook tires for $1475

·
Registered
CTS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you sure the alarm didn't go off??? What did the police say, how did they find out? The reason why I'm asking about the alarm not going off is because by law, the alarm can only sound for 90 seconds or less. Some areas are 60 seconds. With a factory alarm, there isn't really much of away to find out. However, with an aftermarket like Viper. The chirp will chirp 3 times when you press the unlock button on the remote the first time. To let you know that the alarm had gone off since you last locked it.

That's just my theory.

KOT
actually im not sure if the alarm went off or not but I live in an apartment complex and no one saw or heard anything.... a tow truck driver that was driving through the complex called the cops
also before i bring my car back home im gettin a viper alarm with the window smashing sensor and the tilt sensor 2

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
actually im not sure if the alarm went off or not but I live in an apartment complex and no one saw or heard anything.... a tow truck driver that was driving through the complex called the cops
also before i bring my car back home im gettin a viper alarm with the window smashing sensor and the tilt sensor 2
You should look at the two way remote system. Meaning if you are with in range of your car. The remote will go off, vibrate and or beep. I like them alot, especially if I wonder if I locked the doors. Just look at the remote and you can tell by the pad lock symbol.

Also, did you check out the link from my first reponce? It was to a tint product that I found on eBay. Where the tint is like 3 or 4 times thicker than normal tint. If you watch the videos you will see how hard it is to break through the tint. Just a suggestion.

KOT

·
Registered
CTS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You should look at the two way remote system. Meaning if you are with in range of your car. The remote will go off, vibrate and or beep. I like them alot, especially if I wonder if I locked the doors. Just look at the remote and you can tell by the pad lock symbol.

Also, did you check out the link from my first reponce? It was to a tint product that I found on eBay. Where the tint is like 3 or 4 times thicker than normal tint. If you watch the videos you will see how hard it is to break through the tint. Just a suggestion.

KOT
yea im gettin the one where i can see if i locked my car or not and it will alert me if my alarm goes off... and yea thank you for the link about that security tint i think i might just order some and have it put on when i get my car back

·
Registered
2005 white CTS on 20s"
53 Posts
lol yea I loved the rims but im switching up the look of it now so im not going to get the same rims... and when I got them i got them brand new with brand new hankook tires for $1475
dam thats a real good deal. Did you get them offline? If so what website did you purchase them off of?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts