Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 86 deville 4.1L and my caddi died on me I started it and the service soon light came on. I turned it off and turned it on again and it started again fine so I went to the gas station and put gas in it and it tried to start and changed over and died and the service electric system tele light came on . I turned it on again no problem but it felt like it wasn't running like it should it felt the same way it did when one of my spark plugs got unpplugged . So when I got to my destination I noticed a lil smoke at the manifol manifold spark plug area. But it starts and runs. Any suggestions, I check the plugs and they are all ok.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How hard is it to change ur spark plugs

·
Registered
1986 coupe deville
22 Posts
not too hard, back ones are bit fiddly, mine runs really bad under load lovely on tick over though :histeric:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks till I found out it was the spark plugs I was driving it for 30 miles or so did I damage anything . It doesn't make a knocking noise the engine is not as loud as it used to be. Last time I had issues with it starting and the engine quietier than it used to be the spark plug was not plugged on the dist. block. I m just wondering if anything else could have been damaged if the spark plug goes out and the car is drivin . I was trying to get it home and not pay a tow truck. On the 4th . Might be expensive lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts