Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L - Black/Black
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turns out my 06 CTS 2.8L with 47k needs a new torque convertor. Took it in for a few things (parcel shelf rattle, door rattle) and had them check out why my RPM's were bouncing by 1-200 rpms on the freeway at a steady speed. Good thing its under warranty still by 3,000 miles, I would hate to find out how much this would cost. The car will be there through next week wednesday while they order the part and drop the tranny. Anyone else have this happen? I baby the car and its mostly HWY miles on it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
:crying: sorry to hear man. It felt like hell for the 3 days i didnt have mine when it was in the shop! :bigroll:

X

·
0 Posts
I have an appointment booked for Monday for the same thing (torque converter)....

Although, unlike you, I am about a month out of warranty :rant2:

only 40,000 km and out of warranty.. and i'm possibly looking at $3000 repair bill.

Heads will roll if this is not covered....

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
38 Posts
mine has been in the shop since thursday, the rear diff whine got so bad, and i think the passenger side rear tire needs a new bearing. Only prob is, the dealership says they dont have the correct tools, so they are bringing it to another one on monday. So i have not had a car for about 3 days now. Horrible when you need to go to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts