Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welll.....my car got into a bangup...it sucks. I got the damage estimated to $725 bucks to repair. Thats not including the new rim/tire im going to need :mad: someone hit my car and i dont know who did it....the bastard didnt even leave a note or anything. So now I gotta pay it out of my pocket...there goes the new exhaust i was going to get:helpless: especially before christmas someone had to do this to me.

http://www.freewebs.com/jonnyd85 is a pic of what the f*****r did to my car. This really really sucks...everyone gets their presents late this year :ripped:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
jonnyd said:
Welll.....my car got into a bangup...it sucks. I got the damage estimated to $725 bucks to repair. Thats not including the new rim/tire im going to need :mad: someone hit my car and i dont know who did it....the bastard didnt even leave a note or anything. So now I gotta pay it out of my pocket...there goes the new exhaust i was going to get:helpless: especially before christmas someone had to do this to me.

http://www.freewebs.com/jonnyd85 is a pic of what the f*****r did to my car. This really really sucks...everyone gets their presents late this year :ripped:
What do you have Jonny..$500 deductable? Was your car parked on the street?

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
auch that hurts man. I also know the feeling that you just can't understand how someone would be such a bad driver plus such a jerk to not leave a message. Damn, that's what insurances are for!

I hope you can get a deal with your insurance company and get your car fixed soon!

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
jonnyd said:

Call the cops, tell em it was a hit and run, let them investigate it, never know what they may find??

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RobertCTS said:
What do you have Jonny..$500 deductable? Was your car parked on the street?
I have a $250 deductable...it would be cheaper for me to pay cash rather than go through insurance. It was parked on the street, I went to a buddies of mines place and he lives in a condo..so i go there for a lil and when i come out I went to go put something in my trunk and walked around to the other side and noticed what you have seen in the pics. I went down the whole road looking at peoples cars and didnt find any with a dent or scratches. It was also night out at this time. They were probably srunk!!!!..im going to be doing a lot of :alchi: over this situation....i hate people...what is this world coming to!!!!

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
Aye Jonny,

I'm sorry to see that done to your ride man. Thats just a damn shame.. Guess you can get pinstripe done like how its done on my car.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PAW 47 said:
Aye Jonny,

I'm sorry to see that done to your ride man. Thats just a damn shame.. Guess you can get pinstripe done like how its done on my car.

I need someones help on this opinion...should I have the guys I am going to take it to replace that whole part or take it apart and bang out the bumps, shave it, paint it and do what they do??? Suggestions for the best???

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
I can't tell if the black is paint or rubber, but semi trailer's rear tire/rim will do that kind of damage. If it's rubber check for transfer damage on trailer's right rear tire/rim. FYI-if you do file a police report there won't be any follow up without a suspect license number just documentation of the collision.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
That sucks man. I hope you can somehow track down the bastard who did that and inflict as much pain and suffering as they caused you.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Whatever repair they do, make sure it is properly corrosion proofed. If they pound out the dents they are bound to do some torch work so the existing rust protection will suffer. If the quarter panel is replaced there will be welding and the same story.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FastCTS said:
I can't tell if the black is paint or rubber, but semi trailer's rear tire/rim will do that kind of damage. If it's rubber check for transfer damage on trailer's right rear tire/rim. FYI-if you do file a police report there won't be any follow up without a suspect license number just documentation of the collision.
Yea, I buffed out the black mark..i think it was some kind of rubbery trype substance. All I have now are those dents..and my messed up rim:want:

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Jonnyd:

Don't be foolish and eat this loss entirely out of pocket particularly if you live in a state where you pay mandatory uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Simply stated the loss is treated similiar to a comprehensive claim.

I will give you an example of how the State of Maryland would treat this loss if you were insured with any insurance company admitted to do business in Maryland by the Maryland Insurance Department.

First you would contact the police department and file a claim as "proof of loss" that the vehicle was lawfully parked and upon returning to your vehicle, you detected that someone had obviously struck your vehicle and left the scene of the accident/colission.

The police department will issue you a complaint form or number.

Contact your insurance company or agent and report it as what as commonly known as a "hit and run" loss.

The insurance company will handle the loss on behalf of the states uninsured/underinsured motorist fund and you will be subject to the following regardless of the amount of the damage of loss;

You would pay a flat $250 deductible for any and all repairs. You would be provided a rental car while your CTS is in the body shop. You may take your vehicle to any body shop of your choice for sheet metal and paint repairs and are not required to get 3 estimates which is a common misnomer.

Most importantly for you is the following; this is NOT a chargeable loss or accident that is reported or chargeable to your insurance CLUE record. "CLUE" is an insurance acroynm for "claims loss underwriters exchange".

"CLUE" is a national database where insurance claim losses are reported by subscribing insurance companies much like Equifax.

The purpose of CLUE is to "weed out" those individuals that file substantial numbers of nonchargeable incidents such as comprehensive and vandalism claims when in fact they are committing fraud and were in fact in an accident and reported the loss to either the police or there insurance company as a "hit and run" or "vandalism" loss and that was not the case and they are looking to avoid having to file a chargeable collission claim and are in fact committing fraud.

CLUE is a valuable insurance underwriting tool that is used to protect insurance rates as there seems to be a "trend" among claimants that report unusual high numbers of non-chargeable losses that affect the overall insurance rates of all drivers. This CLUE tool allows an insurance company at the time of application to either accept or deny a risk as a "new piece of business" that has a history of being "bad business"

An "uninsured motorist" claim for "hit and run" or a "comprehensive claim" for vandalism simply means that the insurance company cannot raise your rates or charge you with this incident as a chargeable loss.

Call your agent first and explain what happened and find out what your states deductible is for a uninsured motorist claim. If it is $500 or less; file the claim as you have more than $750 worth of damage easily on your vehicle. The rear bumper facscia needs replacement as the rubber urethane is torn. Also insist on genuine GM OEM parts as many companies will use aftermarket bumpers and sheet metal that do not have the proper fit that OEM sheet metal does. That sir is a fact.

good luck to you - Pete Raimondi

·
Registered
100 Posts
Man that F'ing sucks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts