Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 DTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 DTS with 23k mi on it and it's falling apart- yet the GM dealer and GM customer service tell me my issues are not covered under warranty (airbag module blown, bent and broken bolts in drivers seat) my AC is also broken and flooding my back seat.... Someone please give me an email or physical address to someone other than the GM customer assistance. I've created a file for the issues but they refuse to cover 100% of my issues. I've only owned it for 10 months!!

Thanks guys!
Pat
Syracuse

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
I have a 2010 DTS with 23k mi on it and it's falling apart- yet the GM dealer and GM customer service tell me my issues are not covered under warranty (airbag module blown, bent and broken bolts in drivers seat) my AC is also broken and flooding my back seat.... Someone please give me an email or physical address to someone other than the GM customer assistance. I've created a file for the issues but they refuse to cover 100% of my issues. I've only owned it for 10 months!!

There is a little duck bill looking thing hanging from under you're car which drains from the A/C it can sometimes get plugged with road grim and back up the A/C so have a quick look at that and it costs nothing to fix if that's the problem.

The air bag issue is unfortunate but modules, bulbs, sensors all burn out sometimes.

The bolts? if just the bolts bent and nothing else 1 hour labor rate charge would be worth it to fix ASAP.

You will find these small or large at times Cadillac tax's come up but please DO NOT say this car is falling apart they are GREAT cars.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
65 Posts
A 2010 is going to be 5 years old, most likely not under warranty at all? What exactly did you expect for a car that is NOT under warranty?

·
Registered
2008 DTS
107 Posts
You must sell the cars to consider them great. My 2008 had a problem with the heated washer fluid and rather than fix the car the dealer was allowed to disconnect it. Two engine mounts needed replacing just after the warranty ended. I had water ponding in the tire well because when I washed the car the trunk weather strip allowed the water in. No problem with water since I stopped washing the car. I had to replace a windshield wiper motor because it wouldn't shut off and emptied the washer reserve. The factory battery is a 36 month battery. The 2008 DTS doesn't support Bluetooth and the car phone only works as another Verizon line. The fuel pump fuse failed at the beach and the car had to be towed to the dealer and the fuse panel under the seat needed replacing. And recently the rear driver side brake line rusted through at 66k miles and the fluid spilled all over the road. I never replaced brakelines in a vehicle that was 8 yrs old with less than 100k miles before. lets not talk about the issue with Northstar engines overheating. These are not great cars. What makes them "Great"? certainly not their reliability. They are ok cars with average to below average reliability. I expect better from GM's Premium Brand.

There is a little duck bill looking thing hanging from under you're car which drains from the A/C it can sometimes get plugged with road grim and back up the A/C so have a quick look at that and it costs nothing to fix if that's the problem.

The air bag issue is unfortunate but modules, bulbs, sensors all burn out sometimes.

The bolts? if just the bolts bent and nothing else 1 hour labor rate charge would be worth it to fix ASAP.

You will find these small or large at times Cadillac tax's come up but please DO NOT say this car is falling apart they are GREAT cars.
----------

I have a 2002 Toyota and never had much problems with it and nothing like the problems that I've had with the 2008 cadillac DTS even when it was fairly new. I didn't expect the rear brake lines to fail at 66k miles either.

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
655 Posts
I do believe that expecting a 2008 to have Bluetooth is unrealistic. If you had told me about this "problem" 7 years ago I would have said "Blue what?"

With my warranty expiring in 2 days, today I had my 2010 given a thorough inspection. They found the front left hub was dodgy and it was replaced, under warranty. All I can recommend is to have your vehicles checked out just before the warrant expires - worked great for me!

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
You must sell the cars to consider them great. My 2008 had a problem with the heated washer fluid and rather than fix the car the dealer was allowed to disconnect it. Two engine mounts needed replacing just after the warranty ended. I had water ponding in the tire well because when I washed the car the trunk weather strip allowed the water in. No problem with water since I stopped washing the car. I had to replace a windshield wiper motor because it wouldn't shut off and emptied the washer reserve. The factory battery is a 36 month battery. The 2008 DTS doesn't support Bluetooth and the car phone only works as another Verizon line. The fuel pump fuse failed at the beach and the car had to be towed to the dealer and the fuse panel under the seat needed replacing. And recently the rear driver side brake line rusted through at 66k miles and the fluid spilled all over the road. I never replaced brakelines in a vehicle that was 8 yrs old with less than 100k miles before. lets not talk about the issue with Northstar engines overheating. These are not great cars. What makes them "Great"? certainly not their reliability. They are ok cars with average to below average reliability. I expect better from GM's Premium Brand.
I have a 2002 Toyota and never had much problems with it and nothing like the problems that I've had with the 2008 cadillac DTS even when it was fairly new. I didn't expect the rear brake lines to fail at 66k miles either.
Last summer I traded my 2006 DTS Performance (which I bought new)..with over 150,000 miles on it for a 2011 Platinum..
I reckon I was lucky.. never had but one problem on the 2006 that wasn't covered under warranty.. I had to dodge a crazy lady coming off a side street and ran the drivers side wheels up on about an 8 inch curb at 40 mph. A few weeks later, the hub bearing started making noise so I replaced the hub... took about an hour or so.
Never had a problem with the heated washer fluid, brake lines or wiper motor or any of the relays or much of anything else...everything just WORKED.
All in all, it was a pretty trouble free car and the issues it did have was fairly early on and were all covered by warranty.
That's one reason that wanted another one...
The 2011 was still under the factory warranty when I got it, so I put a 4 year GMPP extended warranty on it..

·
Registered
100 Posts
We have a 2008 with low miles, covered by the GM Max Guard warranty. When shopping for it several years ago, we took our took our time, looking for an extremely clean, garage kept, low miles specimen with lux III and 6 passenger seating. We knew Bluetooth was not part of the program till '09 models, but wanted the power rear window shade that disappeared after '08. And the phone with OnStar is very adequate for us. The installation of the replacement heated water heater from Aquatherm was a 15 minute job and easily remedied, my understanding was that when GM removed the original heaters in a recall they also refunded some $ to the owners. In the 2+ years we've owned our beloved DTS, we've never had to use the MaxGuard warranty, and of the 3 Cadillacs we've owned, consider this one, by far, the best!

·
Registered
2009 DTS Performance 1994 deVille Concours 1989 Sedan de Ville
37 Posts
I have a 2009 DTS performance model. I have had it for 5 years and I love the car. I have been driving
Cadillacs since 1970 and this is the one of the quietest, smooth riding Cadillac I have ever owned. Yes, I
consider this a great car. I am just sorry that Cadillac did not continue the line. I have driven the replacement
(XTS) and I do not care for it. To, me, that thing is not a Cadillac.

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts

----------

You sound like a Toy-ota guy.

·
Registered
2010 DTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tom's Caddy--

The price to fix the seat was almost 900$... For a car that's under certified warranty there is no way in hell im paying for it out of pocket... It should be covered...It was quoted at 3 hours labor at the local ripoff Cadillac dealer, not 1hr.

I checked and blew out the AC line, wasn't clogged.. Still unsure.

I brought the car 70 miles north to a dealership in Watertown NY. They were EXCELLENT. The dealership in syracuse told me I didn't have any problems with my suspension, Davidson's put 2 new struts in the front. Davidson also didn't try and charge me a diagnostics fee like Crest. The also looked into the AC and could not figure out why the ducts flooded but after running the AC they could not duplicate the flooding. Good for now I guess!

This is my 4th Cadillac. 2 deville's and 2 DTS. I have always been a big GM guy, but I'm disappointed with the quality of my current DTS.

Thanks to those who responded!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS, 1999 Cadillac Seville
315 Posts
I would take your car to a different Cadillac Dealership to use the warranty. If it's a covered item, it should be warrantied. However, I heard the GMPP covers everything and the next Cadillac I purchase will have the GMPP with it.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
I would take your car to a different Cadillac Dealership to use the warranty. If it's a covered item, it should be warrantied. However, I heard the GMPP covers everything and the next Cadillac I purchase will have the GMPP with it.
I had the GMPP on my last one and it was great.. never a hassle to have something fixed.. when I bought the 2011 I put GMPP on it also..

·
Registered
2008 DTS
107 Posts
the foreign cars all had blue tooth in 08. GM is def behind the curve where they once were ahead of it. dd

----------

I also had a ford Crown Vic. The wife's car is the Toyota. I like big comfortable cars with an average or abover average repair record. I also have a ford truck. I have little use for any cars that break down like the DTS or the previous Ford Taurus. dd

·
Registered
2006 DTS
83 Posts
Yeah my 2005 Lexus RX330 (bought in late 2004) had bluetooth that worked perfectly even with my (then new) iPhone 3G from day 1.

·
Registered
2010 dts platinum
11 Posts
My 2010 DTS Platinum is 8yrs old two items broke in 8 yrs, lane departure camera twice , rr window regulator replaced ( do not try to lower when windows are frozen!) Bridge stone tires need replacing tiny cracks all over the tires 18,00mi, will replace in April 2018! Car has been great so far still l under warranty! T.Y.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts